My first vinyl project...

-

clhyer

Reaction score
I recently purchased a vinyl cutter and hope to begin making a few bucks with it. I have been playing with it to learn how to use it and made my first cuts over the weekend. I then used the decal I made as a stencil and painted this tag for the front of my Duster.
Yes, this one has several mistakes. We have to start somewhere.

I hope to have Leanna powder one for me in the near future.
C

Attachments

• DSC01469.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC01472.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 349
Sweet:burnout::cheers::cheers:
That's a sweet idea I'm always looking for ways to make a few bucks

I like it!

plotters are a lot of fun, aren't they?:D

I make my license plates by making the stencil in reverse, then painting the back of a piece of lexan- keeps the front looking awesome.

Thanks guys, it is fun to see the decal come out. Right now I am in that difficult (for me) process of learning the drawing program.
C

Very cool to see the prototype Cal!! It looks terrific. I'll be ready when you are ... how about some trade work for a PSC plate for my Cuda?? :-D

Wait.....Leanna, if you're gonna be tradin out, where's the line?

:blob:

Thanks guys, it is fun to see the decal come out. Right now I am in that difficult (for me) process of learning the drawing program.
C
yep, there's a lot of figuring in some of that software (I use Signgo Pro, and there's a million things you can do that I'm just starting to figure out)

That's cool Calvin. What would the cost on a tag like that be?

Evening Rob,
I don't really know, cause I haven't priced any metal to make the blank from. The decal to "do your own", though, wouldn't be much. A few bucks maybe, depending upon how elaborate it was.

Here is another project that I just completed:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=242309
I am trying to gauge the interest in this product right now. It's only been a day or so, but I've been a little "underwhelmed" by the response... I hope to get a price on mirrors tomorrow so that I have a number I can give out. Maybe I just have it posted in the wrong forum.
Thanks for asking,
C

Neighbor used to vinyl work.....he is about as computer illiterate as you can get so it was probably more like his grand-daughter did the vinyl work...

Plate looks great....

Thanks guys. It was a fun weekend project and really dresses up the front of the Duster nicely. I do have a few more projects in mind. Did y'all look at the vanity mirror? I thought it came out pretty good too...
C

The vanity mirrors are cool Cal! But before I order one I should actually poke the headliner holes and install my visors first ............ :-D No rest for the wicked.

-
Back