my first wheelie...;-)

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

would like to share two pics of my first little attempts to lift the front wheels. I´m very proud of it, was during qualification runs of ProET series over here in Germany, Bracket Racing Series between 9 and 11.99 seconds.

the car started as a 225 slant six with low options, now i´m running a 408 around 10:1, Indy X-Heads prepped by IMM Engines, Comp XR286HR cam with 1.6 Rockers, EDE RPM Manifold and AED 750 carb and some cheap headers with full exhaust (ok, there are some cutouts...;-)). 904 trans done by myself with some goodies, Edge 9.5" Converter that should be matched to the combo next winter (bought it used from a b-body guy i know - not perfect but money was tight). Rear is a Explorer 8.8 with 4.10 gears and 255/60-15 MT ET Street R, SS Springs and CE Dragshocks all around.

I also put a roll bar in this winter to be able to run this series, tried my best to hide it nicely because i absolutely want to keep the innocent look and the stock interior.

Best ET so far is a 11.5, low 1.6s 60ft. I hope to get into the 1.5s 60ft. zone, and drop another tenth or two. Car is pretty consistent, so it´s a good candidate for bracket racing.

me and my friends just started a A-body racing team, of course called A-Team. there are two Valiants (68 and 70), and two Darts (68 and 69)...see FB page if you like: The A-Team Dragrace

Thanks for watching!

Michael

a74v4244.jpg
a74v3951.jpg

Yep, I can see air under that tire.
Another milestone down. :D

Congrats! Very cool photos - better order up some frames for those pics!

nice stuff Mike - lose the front bumper and get some race weight front wheels on there and get ready to see the horizon disappear for a second!

Last edited:
Can't wait to get there myself. Nice job!!! Now you can say it will pull the fronts!
Was it scary?

no, absolutely not. I did not notice it until i saw the pics, car is going straight.....changed from 3.73 to 4.11 gears, this made the difference in starting line torque at the wheels. I like it! Next step is to move the battery to the trunk....this will also help with weight distribution.

Michael

sure is nice when power hooks. now you have the hook.

It's a great feeling the first time you get daylight under the tires.......Good job!!!

A different front tire and rim combination (lighter) would do wonders also.

-
Back