My head hurts....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just spent the last 2 hours pouring through the Year1 catalog...then the Layson's web site....then Mancini's.... and I sent an e-mail to Tri-City about some plating....

All said and done: I need an ADDITIONAL $2,500 to finish my car. I think.... :sad1:

DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!! And WHY do we do this?

I hear ya John $$$$$$.....I look at it this way (payback), the longer the wife's on menophause, the more time and money I spend on the other girl (me car :love4: )

ooof, i'm sure ill need more than that. everytime i turn around i want this or that! lol. now if i could only swindle my dads car, i'd be set :D

fishy68 said:
You know what John. Everytime I say I just need another $1000 to finish mine something else rears it's ugly head.

That's why I said " I think!"

I forgot to add the TTI exhaust.... cha-ching!

MAN, I HEAR YA. I'VE SPENT ABOUT $3,500 ON PARTS SO FAR, AND WHEN I DID WHAT YOU DID WITH THE CATALOGS, I FIGURED OUT IT'S GONNA TAKE ABOUT ANOTHER $5,000 TO GET MY DUSTER COMPLETELY DONE.........sigh :sad1:

John.
I know what you are facing as I call it nickel and diming me but its really $$ on top of more $$ aka the money pit.

But it the end it will be worth it.

Just alittle info take it anyway you want stay away real far away from Laysons as I leanerned the hard way. :thumbdow: :thumbdow:

More $$$$ to finish...wahahahahaha..like you can ever really finish. :---)

I know the feeling John. The Scamp just consumed $1500 last month.

Well, I hate to say it, but I can't think of any toy I've owned that was done. Some I just got tired of, but most were never done. I even sold a couple just to buy another one and start all over again. I think everyone has been thru that!

i know the feeling. im in my car about 25,000 and still not done. but all in all, we do this for the love of the car. it is all worth it. it may just take a bit longer to do at times. that little stuff adds up!

P.S. definitely stay away from laysons unless you are at a show and you can hold the item in your hand. use dante's, jack's for most of the stuff.

abodybill said:
John.

Just alittle info take it anyway you want stay away real far away from Laysons as I leanerned the hard way. :thumbdow: :thumbdow:

I ordered a set of wheel moldings and had them in 6 days. My body guy needed them to get the wheel openings right. Granted they cost a fortune... but I got them right away.

I heard the horror stories and held my breath. I lucked out I guess....

What else are you going to spend your money on? Food, your wife? Come on, this is money well spent! :toothy7:

Rob said:
What else are you going to spend your money on? Food, your wife? Come on, this is money well spent! :toothy7:

I also have a fetish for Bass guitars and vintage model cars ..... that my Wife tolerates.

God bless her.
144.gif

-
Back