My MRL 408 is finally running.

-
My 69 Dart swinger has 300 HP ... and it is far from a scary ride... cannot see going to 400 HP being that much different/scarier ... now if you go from 300 HP to a 500-600 HP engine that i would think differently ...
I would agree that over 500 HP can be a stressful ride in certain circumstances ... I frequently drive 600 Plus vehicles in a curb weight of 3500-4500 lbs and even then i have had times that could of gone wrong ...

Have you driven 400 horse in an A body? The horsepower increase is exponential. 300 horse to 400 horse is a lot different then 200 horse to 300 horse. Just like 400 horse to 500 horse is a lot different. 400 horse in a 3000 pound car is a lot. Like I said. My car has no trouble shredding tires. If I have it in drive. Sitting at a stop light. And mat it. It will absolutely burn the 245 tires through the intersection and down an entire block, and upshift the whole way. I don't think 300 horse can do that.

Are you sure 300 HP with a 4 speed and 3:91 will not roast those tires ???

Are you sure 300 HP with a 4 speed and 3:91 will not roast those tires ???

Never said it wouldn't. Just said it won't do it in near the same way as a 400 horse with 4.10s and high stall will.

To put it into perspective. Assuming 3400 pounds (car and driver). Is the difference between a 13.80'sish and a 12.50'sish 1/4 mile time. And MORE than a full second faster at 0-60mph.

It's a whole different level. And you can't really compare it until you've drove it. That's why I always walk away whenever some guy, who's never driven 400 horse or 500 horse on the street. Suddenly wants 600. He has no idea what he's really asking for.

How much is the drop on the base and is there a minimum filter height that you can run? Have an sb airgap with 1" spacer and trying to figure out what will fit under the hood of a 70 Dart.

I took it off last night and did some measuring, with a 4" filter element it's 4" to the top of the housing to the flange lip where it sits on the carb. Also it has almost 2 1/2" inside between the top and base with the 4" filter. It's a 1 1/4" drop.

-
Back