My New 1969 Barracuda

-

Steve69Fish

Reaction score
Hello All. Just picked up my New Year Present to myself in a 69 Barracuda. 318 with a mild cam, 3.23 posi rear end, and a 5-speed (I am getting the original trans as well). It's in the garage until spring now, but am very excited to have it and thrilled to have stumbled upon such a great resource as these forums.

Attachments

• IMG_4366.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_4367.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_4365.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 439
Good looking Barracuda! I like the wheels. It's going to be hard to keep it put away until Spring.

Thanks all for the welcomes.
In the massive 10 hours I've owned it, I've (of course) been working on my to-do list, both must-dos and want-tos. New to A-bodies, so I'm sure I'll have many questions as I really get moving.

Welcome to the site, are you sure it's a '69?
No marker lights and the hood/nose makes it look like a'67 to me..........

Looks to be a 68 nose tho, unless the holes were filled were the PLYMOUTH letters once were.And a 67/68 hood, with 68 inserts.
Had a 68 similar to that,without those really nice wheels or spoilers,tho.
Really nice find
Welcome here.

You are all correct on it looking earlier earlier than 1969. The car is a '69, but the previous owner liked the earlier nose better, so swapped it out. He also put on the chin spoiler (adapted it from a Z28, I believe) and the rear spoiler. When he did the long tube headers, he put the exhaust dumps in front of the rear wheels, a la an AAR.

Welcome! Nice Cuda, love the wheels. This is the best site for info and the help you may need for your car!

You are all correct on it looking earlier earlier than 1969. The car is a '69, but the previous owner liked the earlier nose better, so swapped it out. He also put on the chin spoiler (adapted it from a Z28, I believe) and the rear spoiler. When he did the long tube headers, he put the exhaust dumps in front of the rear wheels, a la an AAR.

You have a very nice car nonetheless!

Could you post some pictures of the rear spoiler? Never seen on done like that. Looks good from the angle shown.

Here are a few shots of the rear spoiler. It is basically a duck tail spoiler (I think the previous owner said from a Camaro) tweaked for the shape of the rear decklid.

Attachments

• IMG_4372.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_4373.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_4374.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4375.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 318
Welcome. Nice car. I am interested in the Tire size. I assume they are 17s. I am thinking on swapping out my 14s for 17s. It is not uncommon for a 69 to have front body parts from a 67 or 68. Of the 3 years (67-69), they made far less 69s, so there are more 67-68 parts available. It matters not, the car is sharp. I MUCH prefer my 69 to the E Bodies.

-
Back