my new 360!

-

duster wonder

National Guard Member
Reaction score
just picked up this beauty today. 360 out of a 87 ram heavy duty (like 10 bolt somethin axles) (maybe not 10 but close enough)

4 barrel carb (forgot name) and no h on the side so im guessing forged insides YAYAYAYAY

said it ran good but how long ago only the lord himself knows

cant wait to start ripin it apart n see whats inside..

if you know anything about the 360s that came in rams (1987) please let me know i will display the vin later

also what smog junk can i throw away and what needs to stay on it? planning on using original intake and carb untill i can get a intake and throw my eddy or possibly just keep the carb thats on it i know those work well

my 318 i will no longer need theres some goodies on it headers n stuff if anyone is interested in buying it let me know im in southern WI

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Attachments

• 2012-03-08 10.48.06.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 2012-03-08 10.48.15.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 338
  • 2012-03-08 10.48.22.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 361
Rochester quadrajunk carburetor.

why didn't you try to get it going before taking it out? doesn't make much sense to tear an engine out if you can't hear it run.... unless you got it cheap and I mean under $100 cheap

Pull the intake manifold and see if you scored a LA roller block motor

only thing forged in that motor are the connecting rods.

If the cyl walls arent either way out of round or rusty, id be surprised ! lol

'87 usually cast in '86 wont be a roller block, but if the block says '87 on the passenger side below the head, then 'maybe'....usually '88-'89 though.

that motor looks like it hasn't run in at least 10 yrs

There is a motor in that pic? Hope it works out for you. I have a couple, one was running when pulled a few years ago and picking up 2 more this weekend. They ain't rare - yet.

attachment.php

lol yes paint is on the list.. and also this was the only 360 let alone small block in any salvage yard in all of wiwconsin ill take It

all internals ill be rebuilt or made better so i really didnt need to see it runing

Hey you must not have called the right salvage yards, Bay Auto here in Green Bay has 5 360's all from trucks, 1995-2001. those would all be roller cammed, magnums I do beleve, good luck with the one you got, hopefully everything works out, make sure you check those heads for cracks, one of mine were cracked. Do you have a good machine shop to take your stuff to??

I just picked up a 5.9 from a 96 Dodge 1500 for $500 on Craigslist. I could probably have talked him down but he helped me load it and it was just sitting there ready to roll, so I let him keep it, I could have saved a hundred, hundred fifty (and 40,000 miles on the motor) or so by driving down to Bleegers- Corner-Springs-Gulch-Upon-Welches but my little truck isn't ready for highway road trips. Modern 5.2/5.9 is a pretty well documented swap, needs a carb manifold (Crosswinds, $170 for satin, $200 for polished) and a carb, swap in your old distributor, add a cheap electric fuel pump, and it's got a roller cam, 1.6 ratio rockers, and better heads out of the gate.

Heck, if you have a full service junkyard they'll sell you a Magnum with a 90 day grab-another one off the pile warranty for pretty cheap. A quick check on car-part.com shows "drove in to yard no smoke" 5.9's down in the $400 range in Wisconsin.

huh i called all over must have told me different well the one i got seems to be promising.. and for 300 dont think it was that bad didnt have to drive far

Thats not a bad deal considering it was close for one and the fact it looks like it has a lot of the brackets and accessories, that will save you some core charges when it comes time to get it running.

What all do you have for the 318? Send me a list, I might be interested depending on what you have.

well got it all taken apart going to the machine shop friday i believe

pretty certian thats a forged crank hiding in there but i could be wrong

not a roller cam, o well and one cylinder has a little gouge maybe bore over is coming but all bearings look good worn but no problems

Attachments

• 2012-03-20 20.00.17.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 178
  • crank.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 151
sweet i posted on the wrong page. worst part is its my own forum. hahahaha

sorry..but all 360s came from the factory with cast cranks...and there is nothing wrong with a cast crank...

-
Back