My new ride

-

Furiousvip

Reaction score
Been off the forum since I sold my 74 Duster back in 2008, so I thought I would reintroduce myself. With the current gas prices going through the roof and money being tight (thanks to family court), I decided (was forced) to sell my 2008 Hemi Jeep Commander and downsize to something more economical. I still have my 66 Fury VIP which I will never sell...but using that as a daily driver is out of the question. A friend of mine saw this locally sitting in an old guys garage and turned me on to it.
$3250 later, I was driving it home...well almost. The oil pump failed on the way and killed the engine. So after a fresh rebuild and a few more greenbacks, here she is:
P.S. It's good to be back

20121023_145821.jpg

20121023_145841.jpg

20121023_145855.jpg

20121023_145906.jpg

20121023_145943.jpg

Here's my 66 VIP..10 miles to the gallon is just not going to cut it.
IMG_2985-1.jpg

DSCF0012-1.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

I like the VIP!! I learned to drive in a 66 VIP... it was a four door hardtop though.

Man o man you got a DEAL on that Fish!!!! what kind of mpg's are you getting??? your VIP IS a VIP super nice car as well. welcome back!!

Nice looking fish. Put an O/D tranny behind it an it will get some sreious MPG's. Keep us updated on any mod's you do.

Welcome back to A-bodies, Furious! Love the '68 that you "stole", great buy.
Beautiful '66 Fury VIP!

Man o man you got a DEAL on that Fish!!!! what kind of mpg's are you getting??? your VIP IS a VIP super nice car as well. welcome back!!

Thanks, I'm not sure on the MPG yet as I'm still on my first full tank of gas since the rebuild...A few more tanks and I'll let you know.

Nice looking fish. Put an O/D tranny behind it an it will get some sreious MPG's. Keep us updated on any mod's you do.

Since I went a little overboard on the VIP, I was thinking of keeping this one a sleeper. It already has power disc brakes up front..so I'm good there. I plan on upgrading the rear end to at least an 8.25 unless I can score a deal on an 8.75 and keep the steel wheels but go a little wider for a better stance and traction. I'll keep the /6 for now since it runs great and is good on gas. But later on down the road, a S/B stroker may reside between the fenders. :burnout:

Welcome back. I sold my 66 Fury III a couple of years ago. Dang I miss that car.

Attachments

• Driver2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Driver3.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 204
Welcome back!

Love your cars.

As I said before, very nice fish.

That Fury looks badddd!!!. I love the color, stance, and wheels. Beautiful!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

PS - My other cars (beside my 67 fish) for your viewing pleasure...

Attachments

• DSC06055.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 71 Charger Passenger Side View #1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 174
-
Back