My Old '64 on the Web

-

matthon

Reaction score
OK, its not a Mopar, but it was still a cool car.
Sitting at work one day about 10 years ago, I said to my friend, "I've always wanted a 64 Nova SS." So I checked the local ads and wadda ya know.

Nice shape, great interior, solid car, needed fenders and paint.

I paid less than $3k, put about $1k into it and sold it for $6k. I used the funds to buy my first house.

The guy I sold it to was great, and drove 24 hours round trip, from Ohio or Indiana, and that helped to inspire me to drive 26 hours to get my Mopar!

This was the first car I painted, and I decided to shoot the original color, and was very pleased. I gained a new respect for people who paint cars for a living and the incredible amount of energy and commitment it takes.

I was doing some random searching tonight and I completely stumbled on a website with my old 64 on it, still in the paint I laid on it- pretty cool.

The second pic is the view the last time I saw it:

http://www.nealsnova.zoomshare.com/2.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 100
  • image2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 102
Cool story!I remember back about 25 years ago,my freind was building a 63 or 64 Nova ragtop into a Gasser with a tunnel-rammed BB Oldsmobile engine.It was pretty funky looking.I loved the old Nova,s.:supz:

Ahh, funny- my first Valiant was a Nova.

Sure I get lucky finding my old car I'm not looking for, but I can't find the original owner of my Barracuda for 5&!+.

-
Back