my rubbers came today

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Steele did a great job getting these here fast. front and back glass weatherstrip. now I have to decide if I am going to install the glass or have it done. I think I can get er done. never done it before. I am getting good at saying that when it comes to these old Mopars. trim clips are coming in the mail today also.

Attachments

• DSC08043.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC08044.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 313
69 Valiants had an odd trim clip what did you use and let me know how they work -- thanks or maybe even a picture of them I have a couple different ones coming ??????????

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUk5RrKfUs"]KC and the Sunshine Band - Get down tonight - YouTube[/ame]

Steele did a great job getting these here fast. front and back glass weatherstrip. now I have to decide if I am going to install the glass or have it done. I think I can get er done. never done it before. I am getting good at saying that when it comes to these old Mopars. trim clips are coming in the mail today also.

Very cool. :cheers:

Let us know how they install... #-o

Easy, or hard??? :banghead:

What do you do with 365 used condoms?

Melt them together and call it a Goodyear.... LOL! :burnout:

Give it a try doing it yourself. I roped in my back glass on my 72 Dart with the help of my 11 y/o son and he also helped me install the front glass as well. This was the first time for windshield installation for the both of us.

Somehow, I don't those rubbers will give you much protection.

I'm not black, but I'm sorry....... that white dude can't "hang" with those black dudes when they're dancing!!! But I love that song and the group makes the song!!!

Treblig

dodge71demon, to answer your question, I bought 43 of the 6002615 clips pictured below. According to the factory, it calls for the 6002263 clips on the back of the 4 door Valiants. But, this car and I can only speak of this car had the same clips front and back. They were the same. They are the flattened out 2615 clips. Supposedly on the a pillars, they call for 3 of the 2263's up each side. Mine didn't. I pulled every clip out of this car one by one and checked them. They all were the same. maybe someone was on drugs when they put them in and forgot to use different clips, don't know. In the pic, I have a new one and an old one. The new one is a tad bit taller. Man told me they should work just fine. I plan on painting the track around the glass in the next day or two so I can get the clips on and the glass installed this weekend. Plan on painting the car next weekend and I don't want to take a chance on scratching the paint trying to install glass. I will try the clips on the trim pieces and take pics of all of this and post it. I bought the clips off of jsbrown1 on ebay. Real nice guy to work with. He made up a special auction of 43 clips and screws to accommodate my needs. cost was $43.00 total. I was happy with it.

Attachments

• DSC08045.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC08046.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 192
Even though the screws have a little bit of "goo" on them, when I did mine I added a little bit of butyl rope caulk behind the clip just for insurance. Haven't had any leaks yet.

317qqymlWgL.jpg

dodge71demon, to answer your question, I bought 43 of the 6002615 clips pictured below. According to the factory, it calls for the 6002263 clips on the back of the 4 door Valiants. But, this car and I can only speak of this car had the same clips front and back. They were the same. They are the flattened out 2615 clips. Supposedly on the a pillars, they call for 3 of the 2263's up each side. Mine didn't. I pulled every clip out of this car one by one and checked them. They all were the same. maybe someone was on drugs when they put them in and forgot to use different clips, don't know. In the pic, I have a new one and an old one. The new one is a tad bit taller. Man told me they should work just fine. I plan on painting the track around the glass in the next day or two so I can get the clips on and the glass installed this weekend. Plan on painting the car next weekend and I don't want to take a chance on scratching the paint trying to install glass. I will try the clips on the trim pieces and take pics of all of this and post it. I bought the clips off of jsbrown1 on ebay. Real nice guy to work with. He made up a special auction of 43 clips and screws to accommodate my needs. cost was $43.00 total. I was happy with it.

I got what appears to be the same clips for my 69 and they do not appear to work try yours on your trim compared to your old one but I'm going to have the glass person take a look first because of the way they clip the trim I'm leaning towards ones for early b's

Installed the clips today. had to bend them out just a tad but the trim pieces clipped on and they seem to work fine. Unfortunately I didn't get the glass installed today. I cleaned the front glass and I am going to try and replace it with a new one before I do this. I also am going to have a glass man come out and put these in. We tried and it didn't work too easy so I don't plan on breaking it. But I think the clips are fine.

Attachments

• DSC08065.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC08064.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 105
I also am going to have a glass man come out and put these in. We tried and it didn't work too easy so I don't plan on breaking it. But I think the clips are fine.

Good progress. :cheers:

Watch the glass guy so you can do it yourself next time... :glasses7:

-
Back