1" Super Sucker spacer
CompCams XE274H 230/237 .513/.523" with 1.6 rockers 110LSA
650 Double pumper
1-5/8" headers
3" exhaust

904 with 2.77 low first gear, tight 3800 rpm converter
3.91 clutch type sure grip
275-60-15 M/T drag radials

Im hoping for 12.5s the way I drive it on the street.

I think you need a little more carb than that Adam, maybe 750 cfm. That combo should get you close to 12 flat though depending on your tire size.

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
I think you need a little more carb than that Adam, maybe 750 cfm. That combo should get you close to 12 flat though depending on your tire size.

Jack

I'm having carb problems right now so I may need to upgrade. I'll probably end up with a Proform body and metering blocks. that should put over 700cfm.

Tires are 28" tall and 9" wide

moparracer said:
Ported heads?

No there not ported, but if your not familiar with the Magnum heads they flow a lot better then the LA heads and have much better velocity.

I think if anything I'll need more gear but I know theres people that run faster with less.

AdamR said:
I think if anything I'll need more gear but I know theres people that run faster with less.

I know, That's why I'm getting so aggrivated.
But then again all my stuff ends up running way under where others do.

Its all in tuning I guess. Some people have stupid cobos that run like a raped ape.

Look at Rorys Vega. his cam is only 214 @.050" and he runs 3.54 gears and a 235-60-15 street radial. He ran 12.80s off the trailor.

What's Mikel's setup like?
Best 60 foot: 1.812
Best 1/8 Mile ET: 7.838
Best 1/8 Mile MPH: 90.000
Best 1/4 Mile ET: 12.217
Best 1/4 Mile MPH: 112.040

Never mind. I found it.
Very mild, less than your cam, 3:91 gears, 11"converter,Federal Mogul H116CP pistons, 9.5:1
Crane 216/228 @ .050 .454/.480 lift cam,29.5x9 Slicks

And will run a 12.21 @ 112

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Hate to say it after you just getting your new tires, but, with the 3:91's in the back end you should have gone with a 26 inch tall tire. They would have fit your combo real good.

Jack

AdamR said:
moparracer said:
Ported heads?

No there not ported, but if your not familiar with the Magnum heads they flow a lot better then the LA heads and have much better velocity.

Yes i'm familiar with Magnum heads and their characteristics, but it helps to know what kind of airflow you have before making predictions hence the ported heads question. 12.50's should be within reach.

Coyote Jack said:
Hate to say it after you just getting your new tires, but, with the 3:91's in the back end you should have gone with a 26 inch tall tire. They would have fit your combo real good.

Jack
Jack I know I needed the 26" tall tire but I think it would have looked bad with my Super stock springs and lowering blocks scare me.

I'd like to switch to 4.30s one of these days. But I dont even have the 3.91s in the car yet. :mrgreen:

Adam, I think it will run well for you, and I dont think in your case gears will help too much..Use the torque it's making..I do think your carb will end up being the limiting factor tho. I would go with a larger carb, not just a body. The newer carbs are wet flo rated, so they are more accurate if regard to CFm..the older 4150 series was dry flowed, and will not flow the rated numbers when filled with fuel. Time will tell..get the 3.91s, and run it.

I may need a carb anyways. This one is giving me trouble. It was pretty warped. I think I have it straightened out so we'll see in the next few days. I'm going to swap in the 904 and 3.91s first so I'll get to see how the motor runs before changing parts.

this winter it will get the XE274 and Magnum heads.

Not a bd sounding combo. I agree that the 340 likes some gear. We have 3.91's in my sons Dart and the McCreary's we used are 26" tall and it feels like it wants more gear so we are going to 4.30's. But hey I am always on a tight budget and I have to use what I have alot so I say run it with what you have and work with it from there. Good luck , Ron

-
Back