Mystery Seats

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
howdy people, ol cosgig here. I guess it’s time to play another game of “what’s that seat”? Not sure if they’re even Mopar, so I’m coming to the experts. A few quirky details.....

Only one seat is adjustable back and forth, and that same seat has a rigid back, it does not fold down....thinking it’s the drivers seat.

The other seat back folds down, but there is no mechanism to slide back and forth. There is a latch mechanism underneath that appears to allow the entire seat to tip forward, and at the front of the metal riser, there are 2 opposing holes where it looks like tha thru bar would go to allow it to tip forward in that.

Some say a100, some say Corvair, some say Chev-van....but what do the experts say? Any reply would be most welcome!

C6D5A520-58FA-4FBA-A4C4-B12A2E85B60C.jpeg

503B32B4-8677-41F2-A429-DEEA99D49ED5.jpeg

110CF29F-3485-4230-9084-7E238CE042EF.jpeg

That’s why they put you in tech, Karl, nailed it on the first try!!

If the one side is not adjustable front to rear, I would suspect that they came out of a van...

If they came from a car, both sides should be able to slide fore and aft for the driver and passenger leg room, and the seat back should fold down on each side to let passengers in and out of the back seats....

howdy people, ol cosgig here. I guess it’s time to play another game of “what’s that seat”? Not sure if they’re even Mopar, so I’m coming to the experts. A few quirky details.....

Only one seat is adjustable back and forth, and that same seat has a rigid back, it does not fold down....thinking it’s the drivers seat.

The other seat back folds down, but there is no mechanism to slide back and forth. There is a latch mechanism underneath that appears to allow the entire seat to tip forward, and at the front of the metal riser, there are 2 opposing holes where it looks like tha thru bar would go to allow it to tip forward in that.

Some say a100, some say Corvair, some say Chev-van....but what do the experts say? Any reply would be most welcome!

View attachment 1715206732

View attachment 1715206733

View attachment 1715206734

Here’s the latch, and the crossbar hole. A mystery for sure!

View attachment 1715206736

View attachment 1715206737

@MOPARMITCH bought a set of A100 seats, how do they compare to the ones that you bought Mitch????

Or @Sedanman may know if they are A100 seats....

What do you guys think???

They appear to be from an early SUV possibly a Bronco . The latch on the passenger seat was a release so the seat would tilt forward and one other thing that leads me to believe its a Ford product the phillips head screws holding the seat tracks on was very common in the 60's and 70's for Ford .

They appear to be from an early SUV possibly a Bronco . The latch on the passenger seat was a release so the seat would tilt forward and one other thing that leads me to believe its a Ford product the phillips head screws holding the seat tracks on was very common in the 60's and 70's for Ford .

That makes sense, the latches are a good clue for sure.

I still say they came off a Tilt-A Whirl. At least that's what we used out in the sticks!! EEEEhh Haaaa!

I still say they came off a Tilt-A Whirl. At least that's what we used out in the sticks!! EEEEhh Haaaa!

Is there any call for Tilt-a-Whirl seats out there? I don’t need em, I’m a Himalaya kinda guy!!

There is a general consensus that they are from a 1960-67 International Scout 80 series, so the suv/bronco guess is not far off!

There is a general consensus that they are from a 1960-67 International Scout 80 series, so the suv/bronco guess is not far off!
There from a van, down by the river Chris said so:thumbsup:

There’s a Scout afficianado I’m my town who owns 1/2 dozen, if anybody can tell me if they’re Scout it’s gonna be him!

B9086CCC-CA3C-4260-BC10-CD11BB61CD2A.jpeg

-
Back