N²O timing, 2-step LAUNCH CONTROL, DATA LOGGING now w/Progression Ignition

-

Biomedtechguy

Reaction score
In January of 2022 I was ready to buy the new smaller diameter billet aluminum distributor from Progression. I was concerned the original unit would require clearancing on TrickFlow heads and fabbed aluminum valve covers. I have always been amazed by the capabilities of the Progression Ignition.
I did ask about Nitrous timing retard and 2-step rev limiter launch control, and I was advised that it was in development, so again I waited.
NOW those features and data logging are in the "racing" options and easy to activate and tune through the updated app.
Screenshot_20230601_162320_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_20230601_164956_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_165147_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Screenshot_20230601_165237_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

If you download the app (Apple or Android) you can work with it even though you don't have the Ignition system yet.
Check it out:
Progression Ignition

In January of 2022 I was ready to buy the new smaller diameter billet aluminum distributor from Progression. I was concerned the original unit would require clearancing on TrickFlow heads and fabbed aluminum valve covers. I have always been amazed by the capabilities of the Progression Ignition.
I did ask about Nitrous timing retard and 2-step rev limiter launch control, and I was advised that it was in development, so again I waited.
NOW those features and data logging are in the "racing" options and easy to activate and tune through the updated app.

View attachment 1716098422

View attachment 1716098423

View attachment 1716098424
If you download the app (Apple or Android) you can work with it even though you don't have the Ignition system yet.
Check it out:
Progression Ignition

I bought one for my Duster 360, 2 years ago ! This site is so far behind it's not even funny. If it wasn't for you, biomedtech guy, they wouldn't even know about it. according to my search. Thanks for showing!

Best money ever spent ! For the regular guy, it's a no brainer. The older you are, the more you will like it. With this spark, the plugs are so clean, now I can add fuel.
Sell your msd, spring kits, and colored boxes or just throw away. You don't even need a timing light for install.
I had just one nut in the way, over top of Dist cap, on install. removed the nut and bushing, cut the bushing in half, discard half, and put back together.
This set up actually helps you become a good tuner. All the hassel is gone ! Check your plugs and move on !
Install with a relay for best reliable spark, of course.
Love it !

Thank you for the kind comments.
There are a few things in life that REALLY ARE TRULY EXCEPTIONAL in one or more ways, and the rarity of discovering them, appreciating the outstanding traits or qualities, having a need or desire (or both) for one of life's jewels, and the ultimate: being able to aquire and enjoy them is a cause for celebration throughout this journey of life!
When we can SHARE these wonderful things, that's even better! Here's just a few examples that come to mind:
The sound of my Klipsch KLF-30 tower speakers and the electronics hooked up to them, along with the 6x14" subwoofer...I play some of my favorite music on them and I mentally transport my mind away from the stress and problems that I may have wrestled with that day, or call the meeting of "the committee" CLOSED because they decided to drudge up some crap that I really don't want to worry about in the evening when I'm trying to wind down. Take the same situation but now I have one of my lifelong friends with me, and we can either enjoy the same music or they may have some other suggestions. Now we all are enjoying these special things, and the "things" are bringing about what REALLY MATTERS, good times made into memories, and even eliciting old memories and events we had shared.
Now I know that may seem "over the top", but I don't think so! With as much money, time, and effort I have in my Roadrunner, and the money that's gone and going into the Bill Mitchell aluminum RB block 572 build, and ALL OF THE EXPERIENCES I'm hoping to have and share with that in my Roadrunner, with some of the same friends and family, even forum members or just people at the drag strip, Cruisin the Coast, and car shows, the Progression Ignition system is going to really assure that I get the BEST POSSIBLE results from the ignition system, adding value to the HUGE investment I've made.
I can't wait to put it in my current warmed over 440 6bbl!

That is something I thought would be a good idea to get the required FULL POWER to the unit as the installation manual demands. Can you provide details on that part of your installation? I have a couple of relays I installed for other high draw electrical items, like my 2 SPAL fans, but how you did yours would be great to know!
That is something I thought would be a good idea to get the required FULL POWER to the unit as the installation manual demands. Can you provide details on that part of your installation? I have a couple of relays I installed for other high draw electrical items, like my 2 SPAL fans, but how you did yours would be great to know!

I’d give one a try if they offered a slant 6 model. It’s a little pricey ($569) but a neat piece of kit if it’s reliable. It beats having an ugly timing box screwed to the firewall. Too bad they charge $200 extra for the “advanced features”. That’s lame.

I bought one for my Duster 360, 2 years ago ! This site is so far behind it's not even funny. If it wasn't for you, biomedtech guy, they wouldn't even know about it. according to my search. Thanks for showing!

Best money ever spent ! For the regular guy, it's a no brainer. The older you are, the more you will like it. With this spark, the plugs are so clean, now I can add fuel.
Sell your msd, spring kits, and colored boxes or just throw away. You don't even need a timing light for install.
I had just one nut in the way, over top of Dist cap, on install. removed the nut and bushing, cut the bushing in half, discard half, and put back together.
This set up actually helps you become a good tuner. All the hassel is gone ! Check your plugs and move on !
Love it !

Believe it or not some of us can still Tune a car by ourselves. How fast are these self tuning cars NA.

Good Point !
Believe it or not some of us can still Tune a car by ourselves. How fast are these self tuning cars NA.
I could be wrong but I don't think this distributor is self tuning. It is up to the person tuning the motor to choose the appropriate timing curve for the engine. Just like any other distributor. No magic involved.
The "magic" in this distributor is that to achieve the curve you want you simply program the distributor with your phone. I'm comparing this to the age old skill of working with weights an springs to achieve a desired curve.
This ability to program from your phone is not going to be helpful if you are using an old school phone without bluetooth. Or for poeple like me. Some days using my modern phone to it's full capability can be as challenging as working with weights and springs. lol
In the end tuning still comes down to knowing what curve the engine will want for the application or knowing how to find out what it wants.
If you're handy with a bluetooth device and know how to tune, this distributor looks like it could potentially be a real time-saver. That is if it works as advertised.

-
Back