Need A New Window Shaker (A/C)

-

Wylde1

"No Value Added" Member
Reaction score
Last night my window mounted a/c unit in my apartment crapped out. In this heat wave we're having, I need a replacement asap. And the humidity isn't helping my asthma either *wheeze*choke*cough*

So any brand recommendations? Danby, Noma, Maytag, Whirlpool are the ones I see for sale locally. I've already heard to stay away from Maytag. The company has supposedly downsized and alot of their stuff is outsourced crap. Actually last year my grandmother traded her Danby for a Maytag and soon had regrets about switching.

I'm looking for a 12,000 btu unit. How well do the portable units that can be rolled from room to room work? I've heard they're crap and I've also heard they're great. Any advice is much appreciated.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...older_id=1408474396672077&bmUID=1278497826366

Wylde1 (ball sweat ain't pretty) :angry7:

Whirlpool. If you were closer to me i could give you a 12000 btu for keeps for free. I have central and no longer need a window unit.

Let me look Wylde1, there is a unit out there that has things that will help with your asthma, I have seen them used in retirement villas

is your's a 220 volt ot 115 ??

Whirlpool. If you were closer to me i could give you a 12000 btu for keeps for free. I have central and no longer need a window unit.

Thanks dustermaniac. Distance is everything these days. lol
Central? Ah yes, the joys of living in a house and not an apartment. :cheers:

Wylde1.

is your's a 220 volt ot 115 ??

Mike, I would need 115 volt.

a bit pricey but it does have the coated coils and dehumidifier
I am not up on who has got the best out there but I thought I would let you take a look at this one.

http://www.compactappliance.com/ESA...l-ac/ESA3125,default,pd.html?cgid=Air_Quality

My local Canadian Tire store has a Whirlpool 12,000 btu model for $399. They also have a Whirlpool 18,000 btu for $599 and a honkin' 24,000 btu for $799

Future Shop has Danby and Haier 12,000 btu units for $329.

Costco sells Danby, Amana, Delonghi and Royal Sovereign. A Danby 13,000 btu portable unit is $499 and their Danby 15,000 btu window unit is $439.

I guess I better go out and check Home Depot and WalMart too.

Wylde1.

Does anyone there have Fredrick brand A/c's? They seem to out last anything I've ever used.

-
Back