Need a radiator

-

scampy72

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone know where I can get a radiator relativly cheap for a 225 /6? Wouldnt mind a used one as long as its good and doesnt leak. This is my dd and im on a very tight budget im unemployed at the moment but need the car to look for work. As always any help is appreciatedm

Marc

Ps dont mind the smiley im on my phone and cant figure out how to delete it:sign3:

I live In jersey but im in school and dont realky have time or money to cone up to boston. Any chance you're planning a trip down this way?

Would that just fit into my car in place of the slant 6 radiator? And also could you tell me how much shipping would be to 07057

if you can send me dimensions, weight and your address/ zip code then i can get a shipping quote but i still need to know if it would just take the place of my original radiator

also ooh barracuda if shipping is a money issue would you be willing to ship yours if i pay for it?

Many radiators can work, since on a budget. My 1964 slant has a non-Mopar radiator that I don't know from what (prior owner), but works fine. Slant radiators need a 1.5"D lower hose on passenger side, whereas small blocks are 1.75"D (later alum water pump). The upper hose is 1.5", which is true of almost all radiators. Just insure the outlet won't hit your AC compressor. You can make the upper hose (or hoses) fit. Go to a PickNPull with a ruler to get one cheap. You will have to drill holes in the radiator's flange to mount, but a simple job.

so is there a radiator for a certain size engine that i should look for? or will any radiator for a newer car work? like i can find ones in my price range new but they are for like a honda civic with a 1.4L or something. do you think that that would be able to cool the slant sufficiently or would it be too small?

I would think a 1.4L rad would be too small.

What is wrong with your present radiator? Totally shot or one leak? If one leak, where is it?

Some new radiator sellers on ebay give dimensions. Most new cars use more rectangular radiators that are much too wide. You are looking for an 18"H x 22"W core, or 26"W if a later car (maybe 1973+). You didn't describe your car. Don't get a 19"H like in B-bodies or your hood won't close. PickNPull would be cheapest, but used radiators aren't typically primo.

the whole radiator is shot pretty much. car is a 72 scamp with a 225 /6 dont really want to go used as ive had problems with used radiators in other cars before. i can realistically max out at like $100 bucks. thanks for the measurement help. also is it possible to run hoses if the outlet/ inlet is on the other side of the radiator than the orgional ie can i run a hose from the drivers side to the pass side without problems? thanks

Scampy, since you are in Boston the season is almost over. Why don't you save up some pennies over the winter and get a good radiator? I am going to be upgrading mine this winter and would make you a sweet deal on mine. Keeps my 440 cool....

Just saying a smart man only spends his money once.

Marc,
Which side(s) are the outlet and inlet you need? Also check the opening size and/or bolt spacing. I have one that I'm 95% sure is for /6 that fit my '67. I bought it somewhere around Denville and not real sure of the intended application. I used it for a little while to get me out of a spot before replacing with a 'heavy duty' one for my v-8. I'm pretty sure I still have it (now in Phila.). Post the specs or send me a PM/e-mail and I'll check on mine to see if it would work you.
- Matt

If you can't find one I will sell my a body V8 rad and the slant hoses for the V8 rad for $80 + shipping

Not a very good pic - but it's a V8 radiator.. hoses are also old but new - I parted out the 4bbl/header setup PLEASE do not ask/PM about it!

roccodart this is my dd. it gets driven in snow, rain sandstorm whatever. also im in new jersey everyone sorry if there was a mix up on that.

matt and zac ill pm you guys later today thanks

-
Back