need a vacuum metalizing/chrome place for my instrument cluster

-

evil 340

Reaction score
hey all, I m in need of a place to do my instrument cluster and dash pieces.
I have a place a block away from my house that did my 71 demon dash, but they have since turned into a "high volume" establishment. lol. It s for a 72 demon and it doesn t have much plating on it, but I don t really want to just paint it. I ve come this far and don t wanna skimp now. any help would be appreciated. recommendations or ideas welcome. thanks

this pic is of another members refinished pieces that are similar to the ones I need done. I do not need the paint and woodgrain done, just the chrome look. my pieces are 100% stripped down to virgin plastic

Attachments

• 1DSCF3222.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 163
I'm going to a guy in Ocala Florida near me that does the spray on chrome. I'm just getting one piece done(radio heater bezel) if I strip it he'll price it at 50.00 to shoot the chrome on and clear coat it. My bezels have as little chrome showing as yours, just a rim around the radio and the lighter and 2 small strips top and bottom, I'll shoot the black and silver my self since I want them all to match when/if I get the rest dome. I'll post an update as soon as I can get them to him to do. and if it's acceptable. hmm those pitted convertible inside windshield pillars are a good candidate for this process since they are crappy pot metal that pit's if you look at it wrong. he just might get them instead after I bead blast and fill it with epoxy.

-
Back