Status
Not open for further replies.

burrpenick

'69 Barracuda
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Please cancel this post, I found the emblem!Need to know the dimensions of the 'PLYMOUTH' emblem of the drivers side front of the hood for my '72 Duster 340. Looking at the holes, it appears it need to be around 9"s long by about 1" tall.
Anyone have something like this thats affordable? Need not be PERFECT or exactly like the original- I can stick it on if the pins are missing.

George in NC

Last edited:
Have a few, some not so hot, $15, one real nice ,,,, I think,,,,, $25. All pins intact. Might have a couple stick-ons too. $20 each.

Have a few, some not so hot, $15, one real nice ,,,, I think,,,,, $25. All pins intact. Might have a couple stick-ons too. $20 each.
The $15 one sounds like something that may work for my Duster project- I've seen some weathered ones that a little detailing made look OK. Can you get a pic? THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can in the am.
Thanks, and if it looks OK, I'll probably want it. I also need two other small items- one being the small PENTSTAR for the bottom of the passenger side fender, the other is the HOOD safety release (the one off to the side). The previous owner used a glass/pin on hood and must have removed it and I have a steel hood that only has the center main hood release. Let me know what you find! Thanks, George in NC

Last edited by a moderator:
Have some pentastars but I think all only have one or no pins. Just sold the only pinned one I had. I'll look,,,, I might be able to find one. I'll try to see what type of release you need. i have several but need to see which is correct for you.

Have some pentastars but I think all only have one or no pins. Just sold the only pinned one I had. I'll look,,,, I might be able to find one. I'll try to see what type of release you need. i have several but need to see which is correct for you.
I can use the Pentstar w/no pin if its cheap- think I can use some adhesive. I'm thinking probably all the dusters fr 70-72 used the same, maybe a different one for the laters ones that had the grill header in front of the hood? THANKS!

I think this picture shows the right safety release?

hoodrelease.jpg

Found the plymouth and a pentastar. Has both pins. All pegs on the plymouth. Until I can get into then swap trailer, I can't see a hood release but most if not all of what I have are b-bodies. $21 for the two plus the ride. I'd guess to Fla. $6? $27 total.

Found the plymouth and a pentastar. Has both pins. All pegs on the plymouth. Until I can get into then swap trailer, I can't see a hood release but most if not all of what I have are b-bodies. $21 for the two plus the ride. I'd guess to Fla. $6? $27 total.
Thanks! Now that you have the Ply emblem out, how would you say it looks? I think its about 9" long and about 1" tall? I am in NC 28777- hoping you can make sure you dont have a hood safety before we come up w/a plan. George

That may take a bit till I can find all of mine, they're all in one box, and in the trailer. I looked today but they must be buried. I have a storage place too. Let me look there. There's a small mark/scratch on one of the letters, hence the $15 price. I do have better others for $25-35. NOS are the 35 ones. It is the right one for you. has 3 pegs and goes on the hood. (plymouth).

That may take a bit till I can find all of mine, they're all in one box, and in the trailer. I looked today but they must be buried. I have a storage place too. Let me look there. There's a small mark/scratch on one of the letters, hence the $15 price. I do have better others for $25-35. NOS are the 35 ones. It is the right one for you. has 3 pegs and goes on the hood. (plymouth).
surprise................I just opened the trunk of the Duster and in the box of extra parts was the hood safety latch! That emblem sounds fine, give me your best price for that and the Pentstar shipped to 28777.....Paypal? Thanks, George

$27 for the 2 shipped. PP is fine. Same address as before. As a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back