Need electric choke for super six Holley 2280

-

ppsi

Reaction score
I am tired of screwing with the choke on this 65 Dart of mine. I hav heard great things about the electric chokes but I cannot seem to find a resource for purchasing a unit? It has a super six setup with the Holley 2280 and the motor is a rebuilt 225 from a 1977 Aspen.
Thanks
Howard

Thought I might bump this up-thanks

wanted to bump this as well looking for an electric choke for my holley carb as well the.. guy at "carbs only" has no input for using the kit on a holley r7886 / 2280 anyone running the same setup? any issues?

I see new electric chokes for later slants on ebay often, but don't know if for a Super Six setup. You don't normally see the other part, which is the temp sensor, but I think that is identical to those on small block cars to ~1984, which you often find in junkyards, so between the two you might get a working system.

These are really "electric assist" chokes since they still have the bi-metal spring that the exhaust manifold will eventually heat up. The heater next to it just makes it respond faster. BTW, the later exhaust manifolds varied in the "choke pocket", so you might have to modify the choke to fit yours.

I had one on my Slanty and loved it. It had a small black 1 ' by 3/4" * 3/4 " block that bolted to the head. that was what told it when to open and close. Look over on slant six.org or Google them. I think it was less than $40.

I also made my own heat shield for between the carb and the intake. Than helped a lot with fuel percolation as did rerouting the fuel line away from heat sources. The last one has picture with the aluminum plate between the carb and manifold. It's just aluminum sheet metal with two thick gaskets.

Attachments

• Mr Slant Six (Large).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 347
  • Mr Slant 6 (Large).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 319
  • 68 Barracuda subframe connectors 052 (Large).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 327
BillG thank-you the system I'm looking for is the aftermarket electric choke not the electric assist..... I need to know if someone has a similar setup as mine and is running the electric choke. And what part number because carbsonly has no idea if it will work for me or not...... JBC nice slant!!! I'm about to make a heat shield as well. how well dose the aluminum plate work. it looks great

I have not looked under the hood of my 65 dart on over two years but I'll do so this week. I don't even remember where I got the choke from but it worked great. I'll take a picture and post it.

I ordered (but have not yet installed) one of their kits for my Super Six slant in my 87 D100. On the to do list once it get's warmer out.

are you running a 2280? the carbs only guys keep telling me it wont work and i haven't found anyone running it to confirm a part #

are you running a 2280? the carbs only guys keep telling me it wont work and i haven't found anyone running it to confirm a part #

I have no clue on what the carb is until I get a chance to take a look at it/ All I know (and remember) is that the motor is a 72 slant that had a super six 2 barrel on it. I bought the electric choke kit but have not done anything with it yet - maybe in the spring when it's warmer out!

-
Back