Need help a.s.a.p please.

-

sassygrnduster

abodyrulz
Reaction score
1F740E2D-ADC1-438E-8C0F-C28F8B8E87B9.jpeg
My 727 transmission in my 1971 duster won’t shift when I’m trying to manually shift it with the shift lever under the car but when I dropped the throttle body it shifted just fine when unbolted from the transmission, then when I bolted it back it wouldn’t shift through the gears again??? I’m trying to see if this rod might be the problem, does anyone know what this rod is, I attached a pic. Also if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

View attachment 1715512008 My 727 transmission in my 1971 duster won’t shift when I’m trying to manually shift it with the shift lever under the car but when I dropped the throttle body it shifted just fine when unbolted from the transmission, then when I bolted it back it wouldn’t shift through the gears again??? I’m trying to see if this rod might be the problem, does anyone know what this rod is, I attached a pic. Also if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Also a side note: The tires went around freely when I had the rear end jacked up but when I put the throttle body back in the tires will no longer move and still no shifting with the lever, it just seems frozen.

Is it 904 or 727? Did u make sure the rod slipped into place when u installed it? Did u turn the drive shaft while installing the vb? Did u get a vb from something to install in this tranny? Give some details. We don’t have a crystal ball. Kim

That’s why I asked my question. Kim
This tranny was built by someone else for me years ago. I just got from under my car after putting in another park rod my dad had extra on another valve body. I looked at his and saw they were just a little different, so I said what the hell, might as as well try and walla, it shifts nice and smoth now. Just checking, park should be lever all the way to the tail of the car right? Thanks all for all y’all s help

They can be tricky to get in the park paul.

-
Back