Searching for a Mopar Mechanic near Chicago"

-
@clayton d glasscoe. I would create a new post with the Subject Line asking for a repair facility that specializes in classic Mopars.

Something like
"Searching for a Mopar Mechanic near Chicago"

Then explain why in the message area. There's bound to be some there.

Yep a shop is gonna want to tear it all apart and address all deficiencies otherwise they won't accept the car. No way to know what all is mickey moused up otherwise. And there is a nation wide shortage of auto mechanics these days to boot.
oh that's 100%

i'll do my due diligence and check the criticals, but if it's running *** after you put a cam in it and it's not the distributor out of time, the intake sucking air or something dumb like a fouled plug or bad carb, then you're paying me to teardown and inspect. otherwise go pay somebody else $100+ an hour to chase their tail on it and after they've given up and you've paid them, you can come on back and pay me to do it right.

yeah i'm sure that cam with a stock 73 340 bottom end is just a wonderful combination...

typical: let's throw all this hi-zoot stuff on the motor for the vroom-vrooms while having zero-point-zero understanding of how it's all supposed to work together.

DO ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD MOPAR MECHANIC IN ILLINOIS NEAR CHICAGO TIRED OF WASTING MONEY ON THESE SO CAL MECHANICS ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
I can’t help with a mechanic but, did you rebuild the engine with higher compression pistons?

looking for 400 hp
the problem does not have the power it did before install
i expectecd
car at least 400hp
1973 duster 340 stock 727 trans
so far i installed MOPAR TOP END KIT FROM SUMMIT EDELBROCK TOTAL POWER PACKAGE 417 HP SMALL BLOCK TOP END KIT 2049
have not done anything to correct it
Tune it. He probably didn't put the timing or anything else back the way it was, and that's just speaking of the very least.. it ought to be tuned for it's current configuration.

The carb size, is it the same or bigger?

650 new carb
It probably need to do some jetting and possibly pump shot Tailoring. The timing needs to be set up, engine warmed up Advance the timing till it starts to kick back when starting it then go back to degrees note that timing setting. After that you'll need to take the distributor and tailor the advance in it so that it only gives you about 34 total minus vacuum advance. Back to the jetting you'll take it out for a cruise at a steady 55 or 65 mph after taking a couple jet sizes out as in putting smaller ones in, doing that until it actually searches on you a little bit. Then you will go back up 2 jet sizes...
You'll also want to do a vacuum test and note the reading ... afterwards you'll want to check and install a power valve that is about 2" or 3" below that idle manifold vac reading so that the carb will be rich enough upon stomping the throttle. They say thebrule of thumb is half the reading for automatic trans cars and about 2" below for manual trans cars.

-
Back