Need help identifying Hang ten model dart.

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
Man i love this sight.. Well i met a guy about a year back, i had bought an aluminum radiator from him.. So to this day were sorta good buds, and talk daily. Last night he was texting me, about helping him with his car.. I remembered it had a sunroof, messed up fold down rear seat, and that it was originally eggshell white. Its a 74 sport, and i had thought it being a hang ten model? So i tell him and he says he dont know what im talking about.. I asked him for the fender tag codes.and he sent them to me in a text sorry no pictures guys, but i was wondering if you'all coould help me decode this for him.. Also the tag has the a63 code..

The fender tag reads: (as he sent me the text).... 692, m26, m52, n76, r21, l1, c73, 652, j25, l31, m21, ew1,j , "a63", b43 , c16 , c56 , ew1, j6vw, 000, 321, 404501, e44, d34, LL29 , G4B, 355711.. So if anyone could help out decoding this, it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks, that much i do know.. I believe it was supposed to be orangeish shag carpet no? And sadly most of the car is gone. It now sports cheap plastic racing buckets and a new black carpet. It doesnt have headliner, and the rear fold down seat is faded and torn big time. I do not believe he has a broadcast sheet either. Any luck on the fender tag?

I don't know about the fender codes, but hang tens were all 74-75, could have had any engine, all were fold down rear seats, some were sunroof cars. All had orange shag carpeting, white interiors with orange and blue striping on the seats and door panels, any one that I have seen has been buckets / console, and of course the orange and blue stripes on the sides/hood(and 74 only tail panel, 75 had the cast panel) with the guy on the surfboard, and of course the tell tale orange inserts on the dash and console.

Pics of a 74 hang ten 360 e58 car that I parted to build my 75. The color was spinnaker white, same as my 75 (with 74 nose/grill).

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 403
  • pinks launch_0001.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 358
Thanks for the pics d55dave unfortunately this car is pretty much faraway from stock.. It doesnt sport the original white, or interior it has since been using plastic autozone seats or so and before that it had a bench seat in it, that wasnt from it. No broadcast sheet, so i was hoping someone might know for sure if its a real hang ten model with seeing the fender tag codes i had posted. Maybe someone will chime in later. For sure it has the a63, i had thought that was the code for the hang ten package.

this is what i could figure out id say its a hang ten Code Description G4BUnknown At This TimeLL29L = Dodge Dart / Demon
L = Low
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop

= Unknown
3 = 1973
5 = Los Angeles, CA, USA
355711Sequence Number '355711'J6VWTrim Grade/Style/Color
J = J Class
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
V = Unknown
404501Order Number: 404501EW1Roof Type OR Color: White / Alpine WhiteE44318-2 BarrelD34TorqueFlite Automatic TransmissionEW1White / Alpine WhiteJUnknown At This TimeA63Unknown At This TimeB43Manual BrakesC16Console w/ BucketsC56Dual Reclining BucketsC73Fold Down Rear Seat Back652Unknown At This TimeJ253 Speed Variable WipersL31Hood / Fender Mount Turn SignalM21Roof Drip Rail Moldings692Unknown At This TimeM26Wheel Lip MoldingM52Manual Sunroof w/ Yinyl TopN76Coolant Recovery SystemR21Solid State AM / FML1Unknown At This Time

Thanks Mwls73duster360, i do think it is a hang ten optioned car but not 100% sure.. Thanks for the help .i just wanna know if someone has one and can confirm the a63 for sure? Not saying i dont believe you, but id like to be 100% and not 92% lol

give me the vin if you have it and tell me what lines what codes are in usually 3 lines it matters because of the numbers order

if it is factory bench it is not a hang 10. Hang 10 came standard with buckets and a console. The dash would have red inserts instead of woodgrain.

never mind got your code done i had things in a bad order i started from bottom to top this time worked great rofl
Decoding of Fender Tag: Botttom to Top, Left to Right​
Code Description E44318-2 BarrelD34TorqueFlite Automatic TransmissionLL29L = Dodge Dart / Demon
L = Low
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop

G4BG = 318 150HP(net) or 170HP(net) 1-2BBL 8 CYL
4 = 1974
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
355711Sequence Number '355711'EW1Paint Code: White / Alpine White
J6VWTrim Grade/Style/Color
J = J Class
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
V = Unknown
000Upper Door Frame: Full Door Panel321Date Built: 3 / 21 / 1974404501Order Number: 404501EW1Roof Type OR Color: White / Alpine WhiteJUnknown At This TimeA63Dart Hang 10 PackageB43Manual BrakesC16Console w/ BucketsC56Bucket Seats 1972 upL1Unknown At This TimeC73Fold Down Rear Seat Back652Unknown At This TimeJ253 Speed Variable WipersL31Hood / Fender Mount Turn SignalM21Roof Drip Rail Moldings692Unknown At This TimeM26Wheel Lip MoldingM52Manual Sunroof w/ Yinyl TopN76Coolant Recovery SystemR21Solid State AM / FM

here easier to read i took screen shots lol
39885517.jpg

i didnt need it i just had your fender codes in the wrong order my fault lol i fixed it 1000% its a hangten check last post for full results

I saw a hang ten in a junkyard once. I THINK it was a tan color with a stripe that had little feet in it and the pair of feet on the rear next to the light. did they make them in anything else but white?

in 74 it was added as a dealer install package and the A63 hangten could be added to any ordered dart sport so it is possible there are other color cars but ive never saw one might have been a really rare car you saw dodge reported only 1000 a63 decal kits ordered in 74 so pretty rare!

Thanks mwls, i think he'll be happy it is for sure, he didnt even know what i was talking about, his text read" huh? What the heck you talking about? 10 what?" lol thanks for all the help. Ive only seen one in person when i was about 15, in reno.. Well and this one, but its far from original.. What do you think it'll cost to restore this car to original? I could be wrong but i thought they only came in white color with the white seats with orange and other color stripes. with the funky shag orange or so carpet. Along with some coming with sunroof and some not. thats all i know lol..

if it is factory bench it is not a hang 10. Hang 10 came standard with buckets and a console. The dash would have red inserts instead of woodgrain.[/QU........ I think you read that wrong 74 dartswinger 360, i said it is sporting cheap plastic racing seats and at one time a bench seat that wasnt to the car originally.

no problem as for the restore id have to see pics and even then there are many surprises in restoring a car im currently working on a 72 duster and just going to mod it cause it was a slant 6 car now 360 its just my daily driver but already dumped around 2000 into it and got a ways to go lol

if it is factory bench it is not a hang 10. Hang 10 came standard with buckets and a console. The dash would have red inserts instead of woodgrain.[/QU........ I think you read that wrong 74 dartswinger 360, i said it is sporting cheap plastic racing seats and at one time a bench seat that wasnt to the car originally.

Oh ok must have oh well

The only pics i could show would have to be on my facebook lol i dont have a camera sorry.. It needs everything paint, headliner, upholstery, engine(just threw a rod), door panels dash covering.. Body work.. Think of it was running in black, white,yellow swazi' signs allover, and a gloss black hood with dual snorkle lol.. thats it.. So hang ten for sure ahh,... Yeah my bad 74dartswinger360 i could have made it more understandable if you will lol..

your biggest cost will be body paint and interior i do all mine my self so cant really give a ballpark are you talking an oe car or just a nice looking daily driver

-
Back