need help id'ing body tabs! Work stoppage!!!!!

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey guys, 1st off, I cant get my pics to upload, so I need to describe these tabs. On the radiator core support, at the very bottom, facing towards the front bumper are 2 tabs approx. 20 inches apart. These are just thin sheetmetal tabs, they are behind the front bumper. I am going to cut in GTX driving lamps into my bumper, next to the license plate bracket. Just want to know what bolted to these tabs, see if my lamps will fit in that space. Thanks guys, I cant go any further without any answers!

and we have crickets!!!!!! Either I cant get my questions across in a clear and concise manner or this is the most cliqueish and unwelcoming auto forum on the web!! I have an entire user cp of questions I have asked for help with and you guys all read them and then fail to offer any help! Hell even MOPARTS is more helpful than this forum! The ford truck website is 10 times more helpful! Not one of you was willing to walk out to thier early Duster and take a peek behind the bumper?????? Thanks for nothing FABO!!!!!!!

At first I thought the best plan was just let the crickets continue to sing here. Then I noticed you waited just under 12 hours ( overnight ) to get an answer. I do own a flashlight but I dont own a Duster.
My best guess is a lower valance bolted to those tabs.

Looks to me there is nothing there.. The cars didn't have valance panels to bolt up, and the only thing that goes in front of the core support is the hood latch support and the bumper...happy chopping. Sorry the rest of the forum is mean and cruel... hope it doesn't stay that way. LOL

Momma always said "You can get more flies with honey than you can with vinegar"

Demons did have valance panels, and as such, Mopar likely used the same sheetmetal to make all the inner structures, thus you have extras on the Duster that don't have anything else to do. Get pics!

Yeah, there's a lot of guys on here without dusters so a lot ofpeople may not know. Give it some time. Had I saw this last night I would have answered right away. Im hoping you were just in the middle of working on it and the anticipation made ya a little jumpy, we all know how it is.

Anyways to answer your question. They aren't for anything, possibly to mount an ac condesner? But I know some don't have them at all. They are used now by a lot of people to mount a front spoiler like the ones from spoilers by randy.

A picture is worth a thousand words !!

And if somebody does not know what you are talking about, it is hard for them to answer.

Post a picture and you will probably have an answer in a couple of minutes!

OR PM me your e-mail address, I can reply and you can send the pictures to me and I will post them for you !! It is no problem.

It was late last night, but I did check my '72 Duster. No such tabs. Post a pic and I will take another look for you.
C

thank you guys, sorry for the rant! Just an observation, like I said either I am not clear and concise, or else ????? I have asked plenty of questions and looked for plenty of help, and it is almost always crickets. Just frustrating when you go to a website dedicated to the bodystyle and nobody is willing to share thier knowledge! It has been 4 years since I pulled the front end off of the car. I didnt think they had a purpose but couldnt remember for sure. Thanks again!

Though it's not a Duster and I've never owned one, I have a '68 Barracuda that had weird tabs I couldn't match up with anything too. It turned out my front valance was bolted on upside down. Kudos to my body work guys -- NOT -- but big real kudos to a sharp eye on the Barracuda Owners Group who nailed down my problem.

-
Back