Need help to save my Father-in-laws car

-
My condolences BB to you and your family on your loss. Finding something enjoyable and in common to spend time together is awesome. Whether its a car fishing whatever.

The soap boxes that have been pulled out here and the condescending attitude make me laugh.
Smoking really?? Whos in shape? Who drinks? Anyone obese? Alcoholic? Gamble?? Even just a scratch ticket?

Its a shame how the shitty condescending side shows as well as the occasional good side. Someone has asked for help and that gives some the "right" to criticize.
Sorry I didnt see a price on the Skylark?
My condolences BB. If there is a PayPal address please pm me and although unemployed I will give some with zero advice/stipulations.

I appreciate it 4spd, I don't mind the critique or advice. I'm glad he was able to quit. At one point he smoked three packs a day. Quitting probably gave him another few years. I don't have a pay pal account thanks to a scammer buying something from me with a stolen credit card. Left me on the hook for over $500.00. If you can't donate any other way, then know your kind words mean more than enough.

My condolences BB to you and your family on your loss. Finding something enjoyable and in common to spend time together is awesome. Whether its a car fishing whatever.

The soap boxes that have been pulled out here and the condescending attitude make me laugh.
Smoking really?? Whos in shape? Who drinks? Anyone obese? Alcoholic? Gamble?? Even just a scratch ticket?

Its a shame how the shitty condescending side shows as well as the occasional good side. Someone has asked for help and that gives some the "right" to criticize.
My condolences BB. If there is a PayPal address please pm me and although unemployed I will give some with zero advice/stipulations.

I explained my comments. I don't need to explain them to you. You want condescending? Read your post over and over. Mine was a suggestion on where to save money. Not a knock on a lifestyle, criticism, or anything else.

Maybe you should remember I am almost always on board with any of these benefits, whether it's through the little bit of money we never have, OR through donating items to be sold. I am always there in some capacity. For you to come on here and belittle that is unbelievable, really.

Nothing personal was meant and it seems the OP, as well as a couple of other posters understood that.

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I will take my advice and my help and go elsewhere. I hope your name never comes up on any type of need around here.

Look, guys, let's not start a fight here okay. Like I said, I don't mind constructive criticism or advise. If I had been offended, I would have said something. I will never slam someone for voicing their opinion. I served in the military for just that reason.

Like I said, my only desire here is to help out my MIL and find a way to hold on to the car that she had so many good times in. I figure $5000 is a decent price for this area for this solid a car. It would help finish paying off the funeral at least. If I can't raise it, then I will do it the old fashioned way and work it off. It's not uncommon for me to put in 160+hours in two weeks to be able to get things taken care of. I will just do as RRR and for get it even exists, stick it under the car port on stands and work till I can give it to her outright.

yep the the idea is to maybe be able to gather some financial help for BB here no doubt.

I did mention $ people spend on smokes, and I have breathed peoples smoke at jobs theu no chlice of my own, , had a wife bout die from heart attach mainly due to smoking all her life. no I don't like cigs.

I say this, if it is ME ya want to call me with a " condescending attitude" then have the B*** to do so direct here or in personal mail. sorry. just how I see it.

I sincerely hope enough people can see BB post and help out. I wish I could help every deserving person in this world.

Anyone can take my opinion/remarks any way they want, not my issue. Someone comes here looking for support/advice and they get a sermon. This aint the 1st and wont be the last. Im going to have a smoke a bbeer and look for a job...hows that go?? Drive on thru....

Anyone can take my opinion/remarks any way they want, not my issue. Someone comes here looking for support/advice and they get a sermon. This aint the 1st and wont be the last. Im going to have a smoke a bbeer and look for a job...hows that go?? Drive on thru....

Nobody gave a sermon until you. I think you should go think about it before you say something you might regret. No one has insulted or preached to anyone here but you. You are the long ranger. I don't know what your deal is but you need to back up.

And I always thought Clayton Moore was the "Lone Ranger"? Damn, I need to go back to school and listen to thumper.

Nobody gave a sermon until you. I think you should go think about it before you say something you might regret. No one has insulted or preached to anyone here but you. You are the long ranger. I don't know what your deal is but you need to back up.

Yer the last person to give advice about typing on the internet.
No regrets here Tonto. I say it but not the only one thinkin it...jes sayin

Read the posts....objectively

Well I wont give money to someone I dont "know" Now I realize I dont "KNOW" anyone on this forum, but everyone gets the idea. Sad to hear of your situation BB, but ...

Yer the last person to give advice about typing on the internet.
No regrets here Tonto. I say it but not the only one thinkin it...jes sayin

Read the posts....objectively

I have been. Thanks.

Well I wont give money to someone I dont "know" Now I realize I dont "KNOW" anyone on this forum, but everyone gets the idea. Sad to hear of your situation BB, but ...

and I don' t truly expect you to. It's cool. Just thinking that the more people that see it, the more that may be interested in helping.

So yesterday was the funeral. As a tribute to Jeff, I got the skylark out of storage and cleaned it up. Took it to the funeral and Delilah rode with me as we followed the hearse. It was weird being in the driver's seat as I had never driven it. After the funeral we did a nice long burnout I'm memory of Jeff.

We are still a long way from paying the funerary expenses and keeping Delilah afloat until her survivor benefits take effect. Remember, every dollar goes to her and keeping Jeff's car in memorium.

So yesterday was the funeral. As a tribute to Jeff, I got the skylark out of storage and cleaned it up. Took it to the funeral and Delilah rode with me as we followed the hearse. It was weird being in the driver's seat as I had never driven it. After the funeral we did a nice long burnout I'm memory of Jeff.

We are still a long way from paying the funerary expenses and keeping Delilah afloat until her survivor benefits take effect. Remember, every dollar goes to her and keeping Jeff's car in memorium.

A nice honor of the man. Thanks for sharing that.

you're welcome Ram. He was a pretty good guy. Unfortunately, the campaign didn't do very well. Just have to take care of it the old fashioned way in the end.

-
Back