Need help with duster vinyl roof trim

-

340duster

Reaction score
I desperately need a picture (and measurements if possible) of the rear quarter panel vinyl roof trim mounting locations. Really I need a picture of a duster quarter panel with the trim removed.

I am installing a full vinyl roof on a car with no vinyl and want to attach it as per the factory did. I ordered new clips and things front R/T specialties but need to know where they go. I did look at a buddy's demon, but I didn't want to remove the trim for fear of breaking clips, scratching paint etc. I did look under tyhe trim and it looks like there are two moulding rivets near the quarter window (these look like nail heads welded to the body) and one stud that goes thought the panel and I assume a nut retains it on the back. Is this correct. I have shown were I want to put the "nails" and hole for the clips, but is this correct.

Help would be greatly appreciated, I want to get painting this car soon!

Attachments

• trim.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG-20120422-00108.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG-20120422-00107.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG-20120422-00101.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 171
BTT hopefully someone has a picture with the trim removed on a duster or demon

Hi, I would like to know the part number from the plastic clip that you showed on the picture! Thanks in advance for your help

Yes, I am having the same problem. I have no clue which clips to order. They are all so different. Where is the best place to get the clips? I know there are lots of vinyl top cars on here so I am sure others have had to deal with this issue????

Yes, I am having the same problem. I have no clue which clips to order. They are all so different. Where is the best place to get the clips? I know there are lots of vinyl top cars on here so I am sure others have had to deal with this issue????

I assume the two studs are actually small screws that hold the two plastic clips in place??? Anybody here agree weith that??

-
Back