Need help with P/S install

-

drewmac

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of a 1966-67 A-body with P/S that they can post the pump and bracket locations? Must have original waterpump not the later model one. I have a Saginaw type pump. I am doind a retrofit and it has been hard to find diagrams and/ or pictures of how the brackets are set to hold the pump.
:prayer:

If someone doesnt beat me to it. I'll try posting tomorrow. I have a 66 barracuda that I just rebuilt. I have a Mildon water pump. But it appears to be the same. And a TRW pump.

Aloha

Here they are, I also posted a couple of extra pics of alt etc. Hope this helps

Attachments

• DSCF8649 (Medium).jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF8650 (Medium).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF8651 (Medium).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCF8652 (Medium).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF8653 (Medium).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF8655 (Medium).jpg
    109 KB · Views: 193
I think 67 model should have the other pump with tall oval shaped neck. I think it's a Federal pump. I dont know when they changed.

4 spdradtop-That really helps. I have a/c too so I recognized the lower pulley immediately. I have to post a pick of the 2 pumps I have so we can do some brain storming on how to get it lined up.
If anyone else has picks don'be shy, post them!

same as posted...but this is a 66. looks the same. These were taken before the rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_3237.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3463.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 182
So here is a website I found with pictures of the 3 pumps:

Chrysler/ Federal
Early Saginaw
Late Saginaw

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...2D0A5AC1BE7666B81652850F3517E1AFBA2F&first=43

So what I have is 2 of the late Saginaws and 1 Chrysler/ Federal. The 2 Saginaw pumps both have different brackets and the Chrysler/ Federal has a HUGE pulley and a bracket different than posted by you guys. Several questions come to mind:
1. Which is better?
2. Which leaves more room for access with my A/C set up?
3. Can modifications be made to the Chrysler/ Federal to improve road feedback and reduce the power assist like you can with the Saginaw?

Pic of my A/C set up coming asap.

:prayer:

Here is what my drivers side looks like. 4spdragtop I tried to PM you but not enough room in your box.

Attachments

• Engine bay.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 179
-
Back