Need Help with Spark Plug wire sets

-

guzzimike

Reaction score
OK, I have a MSD Pro-Billet distributor with the HEI type distributor end boots in my '68 Dart.

Engine is a 383 off of a '69 Road Runner.

I currently have MSD wires with the multi-angle boots at the Plug-End.. I don't like them because the metal element in the plug boot end is SHYT. They break too easy. And the wires themselves get brittle and develop little fissures causing the spark to go to ground on my header pipes ( I'm running Shumacher Tri-Y headers).

My Question:

Can anyone recommend a Taylor or other manufacturer for my engine's specific conditions..?

( HEI/ Male Distributor-boot ends / 135 degree Plug-boot / Big Block MOPAR)

The # 7 wire/ plug is REALLY close to the header downpipe. By "REALLY close", I mean about 1/8"...so I need a 135 degree boot there. A 90 is too thick, and a straight boot would hit against the fenderwell..

Thank you for your time

I normally save old plug wires for this problem.When I do a wire change at work,I cut the ends off and stuff then in a box for safe keeping,as in this situation.The stock 90*degree boots are very good from alot of the manufactures,and I have no issues,mrmopartech

OK, I have a MSD Pro-Billet distributor with the HEI type distributor end boots in my '68 Dart.

Engine is a 383 off of a '69 Road Runner.

I currently have MSD wires with the multi-angle boots at the Plug-End.. I don't like them because the metal element in the plug boot end is SHYT. They break too easy. And the wires themselves get brittle and develop little fissures causing the spark to go to ground on my header pipes ( I'm running Shumacher Tri-Y headers).

My Question:

Can anyone recommend a Taylor or other manufacturer for my engine's specific conditions..?

( HEI/ Male Distributor-boot ends / 135 degree Plug-boot / Big Block MOPAR)

The # 7 wire/ plug is REALLY close to the header downpipe. By "REALLY close", I mean about 1/8"...so I need a 135 degree boot there. A 90 is too thick, and a straight boot would hit against the fenderwell..

Thank you for your time
I'm running the Taylor spiral core 10 MM wires. They are awesome, no complaints here. I am running the 90 degree boots.

Ive had great luck with the Summit brand wires . I "think" they have a multi angle boot---you will have to shop around on there

-
Back