Need help with vin tag

-

downsr

Reaction score
Can someone decode this vin tag for me .Will it also tell me what engine and trans came in it

2 9 2
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
20 15
so number bdy trim paint
513 00078 v89 p4y aa1

These are lined up 1&2 3&9 7&2 a&2 b&0 d&1 e&5

Last edited:
Can someone decode this vin tag for me .Will it also tell me what engine and trans came in it

2 9 2
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
20 15
so number bdy trim paint
513 00078 v89 p4y aa1 a

Well you didn't include the bottom line that tells what engine/trans came with it. It is always best to post a picture of the FENDER TAG than it is to try and show what lines up where, or at least put the number and the letter next to each other. It looks to be a silver car, that's about all I can tell from the scribblings...

That is everything that was on the tag.I updated the original post with items that lined up .I think the vin number tells what engine and trans came in it not sure though

That is everything that was on the tag.I updated the original post with items that lined up .I think the vin number tells what engine and trans came in it not sure though

Hows about what year and type of car it is? I am assuming a 64 like this tag?

Fender_Tag_-_'64_Sport_Fury.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure of all.
Body shows 2 door sport hard top
Trim shows gold interior
Paint AA1 shows gold poly
Number 00078 should be production number
5 should stand for May

Production date 5 13. V 89 is Barracuda.
Hope this helps

It is a 65 barracuda paint is gold.I just spoke with the owner who owned it in 1997.It came as a 225 slant six with 3 speed on column gold paint and interior.He put a holley with offenhouser intake and clifford header on it.Also installed 833 4 speed and 83/4 with 355 gears in it.I found him from some old receipts in the car.He was pretty surprised.Thanks for everyones help.I wish it still had 3 speed on column

Just so you know, this is the trim tag. The VIN tag on a '65 will be in the front door jamb on the drivers side.

-
Back