Need ideas.

-

Dart360Custom

Reaction score
Fixing to tear my car down this winter for a repaint and im trying to decide what i want to do

heres a list i have been throwing around

blacked out Hemi hood scoop or six pack hood scoop (for hood clearance)

swinger bumble bee stripe

removing Custom Trim

trimming rear wheel wells (aka 1968 hemi dart)

Car will be going back white but a few shades brighter (Glacier white)

here it is as of now. Any input appreciated

walker county car show 092.jpg

dart!! 011.jpg

Mile Straight car show pics 055.jpg

Mile Straight car show pics 048.jpg

change the hood ,maybe add the bumble bee stripe. other than that leave it alone. i think it looks very sharp the way it is. the hood is the only real thing i would if it was mine. maybe add chrome wheel well moulding as well.....

looks great already! if it was my car i would go for the hemi hoodscoop think it looks just perfect on a 67-69dart!

I have to agree with 7Demon2. Don't go and carve up the fenderwells. I always felt that should be left to the real hemi Darts. Not to say that a lot of guys haven't done a decent job of the metal finishing work, but there is just something about copying the real thing. Your Dart is sweet! Put a bubble hood on it and a stripe like he says and leave it like that. Down the road you'll be glad you did. Especially if you ever sale the car, it will bring a higher dollar that way. Just my opinion for what's it's worth. I never carved my Dart up in 36 years and I'm real glad I resisted the temptation. You'll turn more heads like it is than remade to be something it was never meant to be. Anybody can have big wheel wells, but not everybody can have a unmolested SWEET DART like yours.

416stroker

man i would leave the car alone.. it looks great the way it is... i wouldn't even think about cutting the wheelwells on that car.. and personally i think if your hell bent on a different hood i would get the stock buble stye....

LEAVE IT ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!

Hemi hood scoop. MAYBE...:scratch:

I bet this thread didn't turn out the way you expected, huh?

FASTBACK340 said:
LEAVE IT ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!

Hemi hood scoop. MAYBE...:scratch:

I bet this thread didn't turn out the way you expected, huh?
yeah when i said to maybe change the hood all i meant was to the gt hood. i am not even sold on the hemi hood . i like the color it is too. why change to another white? it will still be white. looks great the way it is.

yea i think the car looks great.. no way to the hemi scoop and please please please do not cut those wheelwells...

maybe i'm a little bias though... :)

62977007.jpg

62977007.jpg

is that the wife's green dart? it is very nice! the clean lines make it work.....

This guy is going to hate us. About the only thing I would do to that car is put a set of HD springs in the rear to bring it up about an inch. Other than that, leave it alone. That is one nice looking car.

Jack

I must say that I am a bit of a Duster guy, but you have one sweet Dart. I really love it.

My opinion says at the most do the stripe. Maybe the hood but that is a nice looking car as is.

Beautiful in my opinion.

ROB

Coyote Jack said:
This guy is going to hate us. About the only thing I would do to that car is put a set of HD springs in the rear to bring it up about an inch. Other than that, leave it alone. That is one nice looking car.

Jack

No hate here I like to hear all input

scoop -hell yeah. remove trim - definitely. wheelwells - only if it will be done properly. Stripe- naw. I think making a 68 SS clone is THE way to go with your ride. But remember, it is YOUR ride.

Believe me, dont get to carried away with changing things that you cant put back easily. I like the tail stripes but you would have to loose the trim. I think the trim looks pretty good and you dont see it to often. Probably because everyone takes it off to put the stripe on.

The scoop you could do on another hood, easy to swap back but it screams race car wich is more fun if you actually have a race car.

man i got to say adam nailed it! the trim is what makes the car. the hood idea is good too. haveing another hood and not cutting up the original is the way to go. still say gt hood or nothing! if it ani't broke don't fix it...

I think you should leave the car alone too. I really LIKE the trim on the car as it is, and personally I wouldn't go with a scoop either. When I bought my Scamp it came with a set of 340 scoops new in the box. I laid them on the hood, they looked great. But I couldn't bring myself to start drilling holes in my perfect (and I do mean perfect) hood, so I sold them on ebay and used the money to buy my aluminum radiator. You already have one sharp looking ride, if it was mine I wouldn't change a thing. But of course in the end it needs to be what makes YOU happy, and the heck with the rest of us..

Yep I agree. Looks great. I have an extra hood if I ever get the wild hair to get a scoop. I'm loosing the trim on mine but yours looks very clean and sharp

-
Back