Need info for a hyperpac setup

-

lancer770

Reaction score
Where can I find the parts to put together a hyperpac set up for my Lancer?Who still makes a four bbl intake? What size, cfm, carb should I use?
What cam should I install, still want it for street use? Is anyone still making the headers? I've read somewhere that Hooker and Heddman have discontinued them. Any assistance would be appreciated. I'd like to keep the old girl close to how she could have come from the dealer.

Clifford is making the hyperpak manifold still. It's a slight redesign of the orignal. Clifford also has a more conventional 4bbl manifold along. Offenhauser still makes it's 4bbl manifold.

I was not aware that Hooker had stopped making there 6 into 1 header (they did stop the 6 into 2). However Clifford has headers as does Mopar Performance.

I used a Holley 390 cfm vacuum secondary 4bbl on my slant and it ran very well with this carb.

You know if you are patient and hit the swap meets you will come across these manifolds for next to nothing.I found an Offy alum 4bbl intake for the slant and a set of 6 into 2 headers for the 64-66 A body for 25 bucks. Don't go out and spend lots of money on this stuff. Go to Spring Carlisle and find some cheby guy who just wants to get rid of this Chrysler 6 cyl crap. These guys are out there. I once found a set of Direct Connection chrome valve covers in the boxes wraped in 1965 Detroit newspaper for 20 bucks again from some dummie into chebies. Remember almost no one wants 6 cyl stuff and that puts guys like us at a big advantage when shopping

As far as I know Clifford is the only one still making headers for the slant. Mopar performance has discontinued them, and they only fit the 67 up "A" bodys. They do not fit the 60-66 "A"'s, without major work with a hammer. The "regular" Clifford & Offie 4 bble manifolds do show up on e-bay and at swap meets. But if you want the Clifford "hyper-pak" reproduction manifold, It is not likely you will find one used.

My neighbor has a set of clifford headers and they fit fine on his 66 Barracuda, w/ manual steering. Dutra duals would be a good option too. They will last much longer than headers and less gasket sealing problems too.

-
Back