Need info on getting a Massachusetts title

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
This is a storage auction item located in Ma.
2007 Chevy Silverado . Described as "Sold as parts and parts only. No guarantee of title or registration."

How hard is it to get a title issued for it in any state? Can you bond around it?

Thanks Guys,
Jim

I believe if you contact the Mass DMV you may be able to pay them the $50.00 (unless it has gone up since I moved) title fee and they should be able to do a title search on the vehicle if it was last registered in Massachusetts. I am not sure if the law has changed up there as I have moved away 3 years ago. but I was able to do a title search on a vehicle I purchased up there some years back and had to go through the Mass DMV to do so.

I believe dustermaniac is right but going through the DMV takes some time. I don't know what the fee for a search would be.

I have a lien search being done. The question is how easy is it to get new title.

I think as long as you have proper documentation that you have purchased the vehicle and there are no liens against it, you should be able to get a copy of the title. You still will more than likely need all your paperwork notarized. Massachusetts is really tough on paperwork.

If the bill of sale you have states its for parts only you may wind up with a salvage title. You will also likely have to pay Mass Sales Tax which will be based on the book value of the vehicle.

I once ( quite a few years ago) bought a dirt bike from a guy in CT that did not have a title and was able to get a title with a notarized bill of sale, payment of the sales tax and the title fee. I had planned to use the bike for enduros and needed to register it which required the title.

If the bill of sale you have states its for parts only you may wind up with a salvage title. You will also likely have to pay Mass Sales Tax which will be based on the book value of the vehicle.

I once ( quite a few years ago) bought a dirt bike from a guy in CT that did not have a title and was able to get a title with a notarized bill of sale, payment of the sales tax and the title fee. I had planned to use the bike for enduros and needed to register it which required the title.

Thanks, Jim

-
Back