Need someone living near Dandridge Tennessee

-
That's a Chev? So biggest engine could have been 235? Dad once had an early GMC 1T pickup had the big 301 "Jimmy" in it. God that thing would grunt

Member etngeorge put us in touch with the owner. We may get it back after all. Thanks so much FABO. This site is the greatest. Its like a big Family. I feel sorry for those who never find "For A-Bodies Only" B,C,and E have nothing on the A family.

I have been looking for this truck ever since it left. I went from here on a trailer to the mid west. Its now in Tennessee. I have been looking at the old pictures ever since. This truck supported my Dads family and mine and I deserted her. When Bumpy comes home she'll never see the weather again. My son will never let her go. He remembers riding on the frame and on my lap in the truck. We cried when they took it but medical for my daughter came first.

Full resto with a Cummins

005.jpg

004.jpg

060.jpg

01.jpg

250274307_4067106443394214_5788392057007963486_n.jpg

058.jpg

Tow Mater's older brother found! :usflag:
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oldride.com%2Fcarphotos%2Fgallery%2F217321084206.jpg

I guess he finally got his hood back......

We struck a deal on the phone . We're going for it. No price was to much for my son. But it is worth more to us then anyone

He said many people stopped to buy it over the years but the title is locked in a safe and the 82 year owner lost the combination for the safe. What we found after talking to him was the title is still in my name. So I can get a duplicate title from the state where i live

The front was lost at a restoration shop years ago. This owner didn't get the fenders or grille with the truck. So there gone.

He said no one could ever figure out how to open the locked tool box on the front of the bed. There is a trick to it so the sling and chains are probably still in there. They never took the tires off the bed and they never got it running. Probably because they never figured out its 12 volt now with a 59 235 engine . We will start that truck up and drive it to the road when we get there. I'll get videos and pictures.

What model is that tow rig?

Seems I remember we have a cab for an old gmc 1 ton or something, fenders too iirr painted in blue imron. **** gets on everything..
The frame/truck was scrapped by the ex owners brother. ..so it's just a cab destined for who tf knows.

Last edited:
What model is that tow rig?

Seems I remember we have a cab for an old gmc 1 ton or something, fenders too iirr painted in blue imron. **** gets on everything..
The frame/truck was scrapped by the ex owners brother. ..so it's just a cab destined for who tf knows.
I is a 525 Holmes. Retriever. It had outriggers for the swing out booms. It also had a fork lift attachment.

This is awesome story glad it’s all working out and your getting part of your family back

-
Back