-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparmn

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi there im looking for a steering colum with no shifter hole ie.. a floor automatic one ive got a three on the tree and im going to install a ratchet floor shifter and itll look really goofy with this hole on the colum where a shifter used to be im thinking also that a new collar will work but how hard is that to find in this day and age..... any ideas would help. thanks Jim.:cheers: sorry its for a manuel gear box.....when I was posting I was getting pulled in three directions..

Do you need it for manual or power steering? They are different lengths. I have a power steering floor shift steering column if that's what you need. PM me

What year car? I have one from a manual steering, 4-speed 74 Dart. Comes with the key.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Why not just remove the offending crap and do a bit of bodywork to get rid of the hole? Might want to contact Tony Fields, I believe this is what he did....

I have just the collars for floor shift, if you dont wanna change the entire column.

I got my auto on the column parts from davescuda in the mail yesterday and i have already cut them up to look like an auto/manual column. All is left is to do a little body work and paint and they will be done. It only took me about two hours lastnight to get them close for a little fiberglass filler. I will post pics here in a few.

If you want, i can cut your existing ones up to make what you need? Just message me

Here ya go this pic is of the shifter piece off the column that i cut off.
IMAG0373-1.jpg

I grinded it somewhat flush with an "valley" to add filler. I also put a piece metal behind the hole and JB Welded it into place.
IMAG0377-1.jpg

Then I tackled the indicator part of the column.
IMAG0378-1.jpg
IMAG0380-1.jpg

Here is the finished steering column pieces, sorry I forgot to take a before pic but you get the picture. Now all it needs is some filler work and paint and then I can swap mine out.
IMAG0382-1.jpg

FYI the steering column pieces are made of aluminum

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back