Need suggestions from the Phoenix area folks...

-

DroVal

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new mechanic for the 2003 PT Cruiser. The mechanic my father used and trusted has retired. Our second has really let his quality go down hill. I have work done from him on 4 different occasions on 2 different cars and have had to go back to have him fix what he fixed.

Currently my mothers Cruiser has a bad tranny leak and I don't trust myself to try to do the work plus I don't have the garage space to do it in.

So for you Phoenix area folks, I live in Gilbert. Any mechanics or transmissions shops near my are that you trust? Thanks!

Yes! Finally theres a subject that I can actually help someone with!!! I'm 100% Confident and comfortable recomending "Adolphs Transmision" in Glendale. He's on the N/E corner of 67th av & Glendale ave. Good and honest- knows Mopar. Also, a member of another forum I belong to is a retired transmision Mechanic from Dodge. Go to "Ramchargercentral.com". He's in the northwest valley and his screen name there is "AZREDNECK". Reading his posts, he's damn good mechanic.

Thank you for the reply Woodchip! 67th and Glendale is a bit away from me, but worth looking into for someone trustworthy.

Maybe if you called his shop, he'd have a suggestion of someone he'd recomend thats closer to you? Just throwing spit balls, I've been in your shoes.

I'm in the market for a new mechanic for the 2003 PT Cruiser. The mechanic my father used and trusted has retired. Our second has really let his quality go down hill. I have work done from him on 4 different occasions on 2 different cars and have had to go back to have him fix what he fixed.

Currently my mothers Cruiser has a bad tranny leak and I don't trust myself to try to do the work plus I don't have the garage space to do it in.

So for you Phoenix area folks, I live in Gilbert. Any mechanics or transmissions shops near my are that you trust? Thanks!
Doug's Performance Transmission, 3625 S Meridan in Apache Junction, 480-964-3832. Outstanding trans shop......and he does mechanical work as well.

http://www.buytransmission.net/

Give my friend Tim a call at Tim's Garage. He's in Tempe off of University and Smith. He does very nice work and I'm sure he would be more than willing to help you out. 480-927-1111 Tell him Dennis referred you.

I second Doug's Performance Transmission, its right down the road from me... WOOT WOOT

He is my buddy. He has built the trans in every vehicle I own.....

Everyone that I know of that has used him has had nothing but great things to say. Once I am at the Transmisson phase on my Scamp, that is where I am going.

Everyone that I know of that has used him has had nothing but great things to say. Once I am at the Transmisson phase on my Scamp, that is where I am going.
Chris, the builder that Doug has is top notch. I am hoping that when I am down there in May that they can get me in, he wants to pull all of the TransGo stuff out of the valve body.....

Thank you everybody for the responses. The car will have to wait til tax refund time to be fixed, but I will definitely keep these places in mind. Our luck with mechanics has been horrible the last few years, glad to hear that there are still some good ones out there. Thanks again!

-
Back