need sum edjewmukation

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
And a spelling lesson:toothy10:. Been doing some :read2: on rotating assemblies. My initial plan was to buy a Hemi from one of the "well known" builders. But after having the body/interior done the funds for the motor will be pretty much gone. So I am thinking that I might just start rounding up parts and go visit one of the local machine shops. I visited one a few days ago, and he has built quite a few Hemis over the years. Anyway, what is the deal with crankshafts and rods? Are they all imported?? Local guy said based upon what my plans are, 572" with hoping for 800 or so horsepower, to stay far away from Scat and Eagle. He suggested a Callies, in particular a Compstar. He was unsure if one is available in the Compstar line and of course Callies does not make one in the Compstar line. They do however make one in the Magnum line. K1 makes one also. What about rods? When I was speaking with Callies the other day he said that they do make a rod with the dimensions I was asking about. So what do you guys think?

-
Back