Need Trans ID

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
I am sure that some of you will come up with a nifty reply to my subject line but I need help ID'ing a couple of transmissions. I was trying to find my chart which IDs the bellhousing pattern but haven't located it as of yet. I have two transmissions (one being a ball & trunnion). Can anyone shed some light by looking at these? I am thinking that they are /6 transmissions but need verification. They can be viewed at:

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/MyCarsNStuff/Parts For Sale/Transmissions/

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking small block. If they were slants the starter would be at 2 o'clock. Hope this helps.

Post the serial numbers from the side of the tranny and I will tell you what they are,mrmopartech 17 digit code number,starts with PP/PK

Post the serial numbers from the side of the tranny and I will tell you what they are,mrmopartech 17 digit code number,starts with PP/PK

Mrmopar, here are the #s. It looks like I may have missed two #s on the 2nd trans.

#1) PK3736145 5096 2275

#2) H2538333 2961903

Ben you can tell slant trans by what Grumpus said about the starter being at 2 O'clock. Differing between a small block and a big block is easy too. The small block trans only has two 1/4" holes right at the bottom where the access cover bolts onto then the next 2 holes up are much larger. 7/16" if I remember right. The big block has four 1/4" holes at the bottom for the access cover to bolt on.

Definitely for V-8. Looks like 904. If oil pan has straight sides it's a 904. If not a 727.

The short tail shaft has me stumped as to what it came out of. From that regard it looks like a Powerglide. If this is Mopar, could it be a Powerflite? Those were last used in 1956? It has a trunion style yoke, so it could be.

-
Back