need your help.my neon is giving me trouble

-

overhaller

Reaction score
. ok so here is the problem .on my way home today smoke started to come out the back of my neon . got her home and smelled trans fluid . pulled the dipstick out and no fluid left on it . . jacked it up and no leakes or cracks . so i refill the trans and i walk away for a min or two and i see a puddle under the car . well all my trans fluid is in my coolant overflow tank and pouring out of it . so now i have trans fluid in my engine .

sounds like the tranny cooler coils in the radiator are leaking... time for a radiator.

sounds like the tranny cooler coils in the radiator are leaking... time for a radiator.
It Definatly IS my sons 2002 Neon had the EXACT same thing happen to it HOPEFULLY you didn't get too much or any raditor fluid in your tranny or you'll be rebuilding that next, the radiator for that car is not very expensive, had to order it if I remember, got it from Advance auto, good luck, that can be a pain if you have to rebuild your tranny.

i just rebuilt the whole car last summer . rad is only 111.00 for a new one plus all the flushes i will need to make it all better .

What year is the Neon? The early ones had problems blowing head gaskets and leaking motor oil all over.

Neons were made to give trouble.

-
Back