needing 360 enine mount brackets, can anyone help?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

big block scott

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
hi, doing an engine swap in a 68 Satellite , from a 273 to a 360. the engine came from a low mileage motor home . we have the special b&m flex plate but can't use any of the block brackets we currently have to mount the insulators to the frame. not positive what application to ask for to fit this setup, hopefully a mopar enthusiast can help, good chance to pick up some extra cash for yourself. able to pay thru paypal for a quick and easy transaction.
thanks,
scott

I have a complete set of motor brackets with mounts. They were removed from a '68 Satellite 318 car. PM if interested

Warwagons 318 mounts are the same as your 273's. 360's have a different ear arrangement on the block. The old Direct Connection Chassis manual had a little drawing in it that showed how to modify your existing brackets. If I remember correctly only one had to be modified, the other was useable as is. Going from memory here so maybe someone with the DC manuals can confirm/correct as necessary. There will be no factory bracket for a 360 and your 68 "B" body K frame. Schumacher is also an alternative.

Don't know if this helps but I do have a set of motor mounts (just the metal brackets) that came from 73 Fury III that had a 360 in it. Let me know.

Ken

Warwagons 318 mounts are the same as your 273's. 360's have a different ear arrangement on the block. The old Direct Connection Chassis manual had a little drawing in it that showed how to modify your existing brackets. If I remember correctly only one had to be modified, the other was useable as is. Going from memory here so maybe someone with the DC manuals can confirm/correct as necessary. There will be no factory bracket for a 360 and your 68 "B" body K frame. Schumacher is also an alternative.

Agee......... It sounded like he was missing the original brackets. As you stated, 273/318 brakets can be made to work on the 360 swap. Not 100% but I think the driver side just needs some extra washers to fill the gap of the 360's narrow ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back