needs some quick carb Q's answered

-

connerray

Reaction score
I'm looking at a carb. Its a holley 4777-4 650 double pumper. Iv notice a few thing that are missing. I'll post them hear so mabey some one can tell me wat part that is and were I can find a replacement and the over all price I should pay.
Right now were at $200 for a radiator stock 318 manifolds and this carb. Is that a good price? Thanks

IMG_20130815_171419_000.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20130815_171434_958.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20130815_171507_727.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_20130815_171530_403.jpg
[/IMG]

Needs a choke kit if you want a choke on it. Other than that, it appears complete.

picture 1...missing manual choke and choke linkage....

picture 2...does not look like a 4 corner idle metering block..so nothing is missing.

picture 3...

picture 4....carb needs a good cleaning...holley at one time had screws in the other holes...but no longer uses them...although depending on the age of the carb...the main body could still be drilled for them.

Just watched a video on you tube (newb toob lol). Also its missing the secondary mixture screws.
So is it a good price for that^ a set of stock ex manifolds and a rad?

The rear main body or what ever isn't tapped so I don't guess it has any adjusters for the rear metering block?

Yes, Lots of guys pull them anyway. They dont all have 4 mixture screws. Lots of them only have have 2.

Look on the choke tower.....should be a list number and another 4 digit number...that will be date of manufacturer....

I dont think any 650 dp came with 4 corner idle from holley, especially if it is a 4777....

The date codes is the 065th day of the year and the last digit is the year 6= 66 76 86 or 96. How do you tell what year it was made. I'm assuming its 86 or 96

As I said. It's complete except for the choke.

I guess if you need them, yes.

$50 more like it unless yopur desperate. I got some used headers for 25 but I wont ship.

:shock:Not desperate, just not sure as to what its all worth. I've searched the fs threads hear, and iv seen some of the manifolds that are free and some that go for $200
:newb:

"Radiator" covers one hell of a lot of ground. It might be worth scrap, and it might be worth darn near the whole 200

-
Back