Neighbors and Hard Balls Flying Through the Air

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Also posted on FBBO:

I was raking leaves and heard a consistent sound of a metal baseball bat striking a ball. Right after I heard something bouncing around, the batting ceased. Foto one shows the direction from whence the ball came over the ten-foot high concrete block fence.

Foto two shoes a completely stripped/primed '65 Barracuda Formula S under the car cover on the right side of the garage (protected by an awning overhead, a small bar-b-que under the black trash bag, leaf blower, large wooden concrete mold, a cherry picker, tool box, yoga mat on top of radiator support on which sits some 1971 BBody reproduction louvers.

To the left, also under a car cover, is a fully restored 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus which was washed, waxed, and detailed just yesterday for the local car show this weekend.

I looked around quite a awhile before I finally found the UFO.

DSC06288.JPG

DSC06287.JPG

Last edited:
About 20 minutes later after finding the very hard, round sphere, an adult male neighbor with a baseball glove was knocking and asking for the return of his hardball. I first asked him if he had $250 to pay for a broken window of a classic car. Then I explained to him that his baseball landed on one of my classic cars, and I was going to keep his hardball to prevent the possibility of a future tragedy. He turned around and left, I hope I got my point across. I soon heard the batting noises again, evidently he has more than one baseball on hand.

Fortunately, nothing broke, the windows are all removed from the Barracuda during the current restoration.

DSC06286.JPG

DSC06285.JPG

Last edited:
About 20 minutes later after finding the very hard, round sphere, an adult male neighbor with a baseball glove was knocking and asking for the return of his hardball. I first asked him if he had $250 to pay for a broken window of a classic car. Then I explained to him that his baseball landed on one of my classic cars, and I was going to keep his hardball to prevent the possibility of a future tragedy. He turned around and left, I hope I got my point across. I soon heard the batting noises again, evidently he has more than one baseball on hand.

Fortunately, nothing broke, the windows are all removed from the Barracuda during the current restoration.

View attachment 1715333781

View attachment 1715333783

Tell him "lawsuit" next time it happens ---------

I usually start such conversations with "How would you like to have the livin **** sued out of you?"

I have the same problem, my neighbor golfs and I keep finding golf balls in my back yard. He practices swings and they come my way. I haven't found any damage yet but it may eventually happen. There's plenty of woods behind my house, but he never sends them that way, I've been biting my lip to not say anything hoping he will stop.

Between the dogs and baseballs, I suggest a better neighborhood.

Between the dogs and baseballs, I suggest a better neighborhood.

A 38 w birdshot will take car of the dogs , one time and they wont be back , wont hurt them seriously if ur not right on them. I got a couple roaming the neighborhood right now, I`m going to light up some night after dark.

I guess the neighbor has not learned his lesson yet.

Now a quiet Sunday morning and I just returned from walking our Doberman Camelia. I heard the batting sounds in the distance again.

Here comes another flying hardball into the yard. This time it almost nails my Dodge Dakota, which is parked between my '65 Valiant Convertible (on the left under the car cover) and our '92 Jeep Cherokee on the right.

DSC06294.JPG

DSC06295.JPG

I say you are going to have a nice collection of baseballs...any autographed ones? But on the serious side keep the balls and document with pictures, and when something does break, you have proof. UFBB's

how big are the lots in your neighborhood that he thinks batting practice is ok :wtf:

He is not even the next door neighbor, there is one lot/house between us and him. Lots are 20 meters wide (and 40 meters deep).

He turned around and left? Did he say anything? You are going to have future problems with this Moron, stop it before it gets out of hand.

Jeff

Op, I'd suggest next time you hear the batting practice going on, to get your cell phone out and try and video record it, speak into the recording stating your name, address, time/date, etc. and try and capture the sounds, for documentation purposes. Do this a few times and save them (on your comp or a thumbdrive) At some point, you will most likely incurr some property damage..or worse, someone at your house (or another nieghbor), gets a ball to the face and you'd need more than "his word vs yours" as evidence of past issues/concerns. I'd also keep a written record of times/dates and any balls that you find or see land. Both will/may be important later on.
This is actually a form of "tresspass", no differently than if he was dumping trash in your yard or shooting off model rockets /fireworks which landed on your property. In brief, his behavior cannot have an negative impact on your peaceful enjoyment/safe use of your property.
If its being done intentionally, that could lead into public endangerment/willful misconduct and perhaps a visit to him, from your local PD would be in order.
Check your city/county codes. I wouldnt just shrug this off if I were you. Good luck.

I guess the neighbor has not learned his lesson yet.

Now a quiet Sunday morning and I just returned from walking our Doberman Camelia. I heard the batting sounds in the distance again.

Here comes another flying hardball into the yard. This time it almost nails my Dodge Dakota, which is parked between my '65 Valiant Convertible (on the left under the car cover) and our '92 Jeep Cherokee on the right.

View attachment 1715334158

View attachment 1715334160

Call the police and make a complaint... They should talk to him and ask him to stop...

If you keep letting it go on, he's gonna damage something of yours, then it's too late...

Also posted on FBBO:

I was raking leaves and heard a consistent sound of a metal baseball bat striking a ball. Right after I heard something bouncing around, the batting ceased. Foto one shows the direction from whence the ball came over the ten-foot high concrete block fence.

Foto two shoes a completely stripped/primed '65 Barracuda Formula S under the car cover on the right side of the garage (protected by an awning overhead, a small bar-b-que under the black trash bag, leaf blower, large wooden concrete mold, a cherry picker, tool box, yoga mat on top of radiator support on which sits some 1971 BBody reproduction louvers.

To the left, also under a car cover, is a fully restored 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus which was washed, waxed, and detailed just yesterday for the local car show this weekend.

I looked around quite a awhile before I finally found the UFO.

View attachment 1715333779

View attachment 1715333780

Build a taller fence...

Like a Trump wall on the Mexican border....

Take a trip to your favorite body shop and ask them to write an estimate to repair a baseball sized dent and repaint the panel. He should see a copy.

And this is one of the reasons I live in the country. Closest house is over 200 yards away. I’ve got 20 acres to play with. I hit golf balls into the woods and shoot guns off my deck.

I agree that you might want to get this under control before one of your cars gets damaged. $250 for a windshield is pretty cheap, isn’t it?

And this is one of the reasons I live in the country. Closest house is over 200 yards away. I’ve got 20 acres to play with. I hit golf balls into the woods and shoot guns off my deck.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Envy, I was raised on a farm, I now have 1 acre. Sure miss the feeling u described !

-
Back