Neil Armstrong....

-
2 min. late with my thread, ok to remove mods.

RIP Neil.

Attachments

• na.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 161
very sad, especially for those of us old enough to remember that time in american history. R.I.P.

R.I.P. Neil

In rememberance......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GAKOLOnfV4&feature=related"]Elton John - Rocket Man - YouTube[/ame]

I remember our family glued to the TV that night he walked down the ladder. Big kahunas that man had.

Rest in peace Neil. Even though his landing on the moon was before my time, he was a hero to me.

Kahunas? That doesn't even begin to describe that action. As a kid thats what I wanted to do...go to the moon. Mr. Armstrong relying on all the engineers/designers to get it right in the 1960's?!?! All that fuel and power...fly to the moon and back...That is incredible.

I can't even get a fricken thermostat to seal on a 383...and he does the impossible. Incredible KAHUNAS!!!!!

Yes Mr. Armstrong...Rest In Peace.

In 1969 it was one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind. Both of those kind of pale in comparison to the step he took today. Ever the intrepid explorer, I can't even imagine the feeling he must have now of basking in the glory of our Lord and Creator. R.I.P. Neil, and never forget: You were the first!

As was said in one of the articles I read on his death, "As long as there are history books, Neil Armstrong will be part of them."
Also one of my heroes.
A quiet, private individual. He once appeared in a television commercial for Chrysler. He said he made the ad because of Chrysler's engineering history and his desire to help the company out of financial troubles.

Went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum a few years back and they have the LM2 which was a second lunar lander that they decided not to use because they thought a second flight was unnecessary. The thing looked like it was made out a bunch of galvanized sheets, aluminum foil and sheet metal screws. It truly looked like it was made by a couple of high school students as a science fair project or a heating and A/C repairman. I was thinking there is no way in hell I would think that pile of scrap metal would get you to the moon let alone back?

Extremely crazy or nuts the size of bowling balls!! Huge respect to all the brave men and women that have gone up there and come back and the ones that never made it back.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong

RIP. My friend who just died this spring often said that "Presidential candidates should have to prove themselves by doing such things as landing aircraft on a carrier at night"

Armstrong saw action as a fighter pilot in Korea, did a lot of testing which in and of itself is always dangerous. So the moon shot was certainly not "new" insofar as dangerous work for this guy.

The end of a tremendous ride.

RIP I remember watching him walking on the moon when they landed.

-
Back