Never seen one of these fail before

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
Ive been noticing a little oil under my truck, thinking it may be a little blowby, mixed with AC condensation

Today, i went for a ride and my truck told me im low on brake fluid

Looks like the bottom washer has failed...or may be missing

There should be a washer on each side of the banjo.

There should be a washer on each side of the banjo.
Right you are

Im starting to think whoever swapped the caliper only put one on the top of the hose...unless it blew out completely

I put about 2000 miles on the truck since i bought it and it just now started leaking

Its pretty clear someone messed with it, comparing the left and the right looks like one of those "spot the difference" pics

20230603_133937.jpg

20230603_133802.jpg

I've seen two things on the internet that interest me about this, one, someone suggested flame annealing the washers as the new ones are too hard, and two, put it together, tighten it up, and then give it an appropriate smack with a hammer, which helps the irregularities in the casting to "form" with the washer, and retighten. of course THAT leads to "work hardening", so.....................

I have seen copper washers that are too hard. I have also seen copper washers that ship with the new hoses can be too thin and the hose block bottoms out on the casting before it crushes the washer.

Thanks guys

I picked up a new bolt with washers and the main thing I noticed is these washers are a little wider (larger sealing area)

I got it swapped in, tightened and bled and she looks good and dry, but I will be parking over some cardboard for piece of mind for a while

-
Back