Never seen this before

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Valiant Signet with a gas cap body trim around it. Never seen one before did they come on all Signets?

Attachments

• valiant gas cap ring (Small).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Valiant gas cap (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 341
This Valiant was a mess but had lots of potential being fairly straight with good trim. I went out of my way to check it out, it was parked way in the back of the Pomona Auto Swap meet. Not for sale or anything I'm pretty sure it was somebody's driver probably a workers.

that is an aftermarket aussie -- bling item--- they use it on the 60-62 valiants & many other cars down under ,Lawrence

that is an aftermarket aussie -- bling item--- they use it on the 60-62 valiants & many other cars down under ,Lawrence

That's interesting as you can see the car doesn't look like the type to have after market bling items. It was so stock looking I was thinking that maybe it was original or possibly dealer installed when new.

I bought some hot rod magazines from the late fifties, early-mid sixties at an auction, and in the JC whitney ads in the back they had these for sale, they weren't car specific, it had to be fitted to the car, they came in three or four different types, i dont have a scanner or anything, but i'll look through them and try to find the ad so i can post a picture.

Alright, i found the ad, and i was almost right, they were specific to certain cars, this model was for the 60-61 lancers, they had seven models for different cars. i dont have a scanner and my camera wont take an identifiable picture close enough to see the ad, but i do have the cover picture

so if anybody's got an issue of hot rod magazine, from may of 1962, the ad is on page 111

Attachments

• 100_0682.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 239
Yes they use the 3 mounting screws for the fuel tube toupee in place , I had 1 but sent it back it would not fit my 69 dart & the 62 valiant was gone Lawrence

-
Back