New addition!

-

mattsmopars

Reaction score
Well its not like i needed to , but i bought another car last weekend. Its a 1972 340 duster. Matching number motor car that was raced for several years. I am going to put it back on the road more, so me and the family can enjoy driving one while i get my dart fixed. It is white now, but was originally black, black vinyl top, black interior, srtipe delete car. I have intentions on putting a stock hood with factory scoops on it before to long. Also doing a little interior work as well. Seems to be a pretty well put together car, i have drove it about 50 miles or so with out any problems, but i have to get the gears changed soon! Here are a few pictures.

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Nice Duster- I like the black on white- looks like a lot of fun. enjoy!!!!

Congratulations Matt :cheers:nice save and that is a nice looker.=P~
sounds like a 1972 340 duster has found a good home.:cheers:

NICE!! Looks like it will scoot! It has the exact same paint, stripes, & wheels I want to put on my duster. Now I know what it will look like.

But, it being a factory 340 car & a triple black TX9 car, I would have to take it back to original. Very nice all around!!

Thanks for all the replies fellows! Maybe at some point i might repaint it back to black. The paint and body work is good and straight for a driver. As for the gear ratio i am not for sure, but it runs about 3,000 rpm about 45mph. Has a 340 and a 727 trans.

Thanks for all the replies fellows! Maybe at some point i might repaint it back to black. The paint and body work is good and straight for a driver. As for the gear ratio i am not for sure, but it runs about 3,000 rpm about 45mph. Has a 340 and a 727 trans.

I'd guess 4.55 gears, mine is 55 @ 3000 with 3.91's

that car is nice...i would keep that hood, gives it a cool look

Measure you rear tire diameter and you can do the math and it will be close and also you can later do the math and see what gear you would like to run.

336 X GEAR X MPH / TIRE DIAMETER = RPM

Example:

336 X 5.34 X 45 / 28 = 2883 RPM

Nice looking car I can't blame you for wanting to change out the hood.black hard to find too. jim

do you have any pictures of it from the side? just wanted to get an idea of where that scoop is sitting on the hood

-
Back