New and need help!!!!!

-

new2muscle

Reaction score
Bought a 73' dodge dart sport with a 318. Everything seems to be in good shape but being a…*gasp* import guy at one time this is all so new and,foreign,(heh) to me. I have been looking for suspension upgrades and such but outside of hotchkis i am unsure where to look. Any information on where to obtain parts (any parts,not only suspension) would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to this new life.

New2 - couple thoughts, I used the Hotchkis TVS on my 68 GTX, was a bit much but worked well. Not sure where you want to go with the car, there are some things you can do to upgrade such as frame supports, sway bars, and beefer torsion bars. I would recommend poking around, some of these guys build there own parts, some build and sell them. Figure out what your after. Sway Bars, either PST, Hotchcis, or even factory.

Good luck

Welcome to Fabo man. I used to fool with the import stuff before getting into domestics. I've been messing with mopars for about a year now.

What type of suspension are you looking for? Solving a problem or just making it better? What particular improvements are you trying to make.

You'l find a ton of information by searching the site. These guys have written detailed volumes about exactly what do to fix most of the common problems with these old cars.

Bought a 73' dodge dart sport with a 318. Everything seems to be in good shape but being a…*gasp* import guy at one time this is all so new and,foreign,(heh) to me. I have been looking for suspension upgrades and such but outside of hotchkis i am unsure where to look. Any information on where to obtain parts (any parts,not only suspension) would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to this new life.

I'd first get everything, bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, up to snuff. Factory High Performance is pretty good. .88 torsion bars, front sway bar, Bilstein shocks, HD 6 leaf leaf springs in the rear. Usually no rear bar is required. What is the intended usage?

Thanks a lot for the help. I will dig into these sites and search around. My intended purpose is to wake up every morning and drive that thing to work but when I want to play on my way home/weekends I still have that option. I know it won't handle like a s2000 or anything but I want to be able to take a corner without having to grandma through it. Was going to go through suspension and brakes before I tried to make any power cause what good is power if I can't stop it? Ha. I'm not big into redoing it in an oem sense. I love to modify ha. Any more opinions and info is greatly appreciated. Thanks again

These cars have more room to work on than the "imports"....

-
Back