New best....

-

D-50394

Reaction score
Someone stole my car trailer out of my yard about 3 weeks ago so I had to drive my D-50 to the track today. About a 40 mile round trip. I ran a new best , 6.29 @ 108 with a 1.33 60 ft. It has a pump gas 394 ci. small block, mufflers and drag radials, 2950 lbs. My old record was 6.34 with 1.34 60 ft.

Great!! That's pick'n 'em up and lay'n 'em down..

that thing is rolling , its not as light as I would have thought

I have improved since then. 6.21 @ 110.59. I believe it will go some teens with more carb tuning. The 2950 is with me in it. I weight 185. It has stock bucket seats a console and a 6 point roll bar.

can we get some details on your stroker really interested in your head selection
but I understand if you don't want to post the details

Nice run! Are you still running the 4150? Have you turned it up yet?

Pricks will steal anything that aint chained down. Glad your ride wasnt on it. Congrats on a great pass. Whats the quickest you have ever gone? If you dont mind me asking.

can we get some details on your stroker really interested in your head selection
but I understand if you don't want to post the details

Stock 73 340 block., no fill and no girdle. 379 Mopar billet crank, Callies Compstar 6.250 chevy rods and custom JE pistons (10.9 compression ,Pump gas motor, 394 ci). 255/266 custom solid roller, Indy CNC 360-2 heads ported by Brett Miller. Ported 360-3R intake. When it ran the 6.29 last year it had a 950HP on it. It has a ProSystems 1050 Dom. now. That is the reason it picked up to 6.21 and gained 2 mph.
With the 1050 is lost 7 hundreths in the 60 ft. The squirters are too big and I think the jets are too. I only went back to the track twice to tune on the carb but now I am having traction issues. I also built the headers myself, my first ever set. It has 3 in Dynomax Bullet mufflers.

It made peak power on the Dyno at 7300 on 91 octane. It would go faster if I had lower gears and shifted around 7500. I shift at 6800 and cross the finish line around 6400. (1/8 mile) 8 in.5000+ PTC convertor, 4.56 gears , MT 315/60 Drag Radials.

how much lift with that solid roller, those heads where my first choice but I ended up going with indy iron heads hoping they don't disappoint
yours is really cooking you should be very proud of that hotrod being able to drive it makes all the difference in the world to me (pumpgas)
my 408 is very similar to yours but iron heads

how much lift with that solid roller, those heads where my first choice but I ended up going with indy iron heads hoping they don't disappoint
yours is really cooking you should be very proud of that hotrod being able to drive it makes all the difference in the world to me (pumpgas)
my 408 is very similar to yours but iron heads

It has 1.65 ratio T&D rockers so it is around .704 lift. .640 with 1.5 ratio rockers. Hoping to run a 6.teen for the track closes, I do not have much time left.

Great job! That's an awesome truck you've got there!
Sorry to hear about your trailer. I've been to that dance. It sucks!!!
Ted

They'll be asking for a full cage,window net,chassis cert and competition license soon.

Not in my state. All you need is a helmet and a seatbelt of some kind. But I do have a 6 point roll bar.

-
Back