New carb finally arrived, with pic

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Took quite a while after I ordered it to get here. Plan to get car out yet this week, get this put on before a big Memorial Day race weekend at US131.
It’s a 950.

IMG_0029.jpeg

950 cfm, whatcha feeding with that, I'm curious? 65'

Here is the spec sheet, I gave them the exact specs of exactly what I have and what I have had on the car previously carb wise.
I am far from a carb guru, but if I am reading this right, the jets seem HUGE to me???

IMG_0030.jpeg

Here is the spec sheet, I gave them the exact specs of exactly what I have and what I have had on the car previously carb wise.
I am far from a carb guru, but if I am reading this right, the jets seem HUGE to me???

View attachment 1716250105
Yeah, they could have been called something else, like blp jets vs Holley . Same orifice size isn't the same number jet size.

Yeah, they could have been called something else, like blp jets vs Holley . Same orifice size isn't the same number jet size.

Think you are correct, they are likely blp jets. Just talking to a buddy who bought a new carb from Thumper, came with blp’s
He has a conversion table, these 101’s equate to 89 Holley jets.
Still seems big. Have to play around and see. Unlike with thumper, who shipped with 4 size small and bigger jets to adjust, this didn’t come with any, but I have a Holley kit laying around.

Think you are correct, they are likely blp jets. Just talking to a buddy who bought a new carb from Thumper, came with blp’s
Still seems big. Have to play around and see. Unlike with thumper, who shipped with 4 size small and bigger jets to adjust, this didn’t come with any, but I have a Holley kit laying around.
The air bleeds can do wonders with 1 jet size too

ATM is a nice carb and really a pretty good price compared to other brands

Probably BLP's but even still, 101's are big. I think I am running BLP 84-86's in mine now.

Your probably running Holley 84/86’s
My buddy with the conversion table said an 86 Holley is a 96 blp
Edit, found on my invoice sheet it says 89/101. So they indeed are blp jets.

Your probably running Holley 84/86’s
My buddy with the conversion table said an 86 Holley is a 96 blp
Edit, found on my invoice sheet it says 89/101. So they indeed are blp jets.
Nope. 100% certain I am running BLP’s. I have the conversion chart from thumper as well.

Learn something new every day.
Called ATM about how this thing was jetted. Turns out there are THREE different jets.
BLP, Holley, and ATM
The guy when I told him this thing had 101 jets per the sheet, said that would translate to what an 86 Holley is. He sent me a conversion sheet for the jets they use, and the conversion to Holley. So I actually have a carb that was sent 86 squared based on Holley jetting.
Now what I wonder is, how will this thing act on the street without a power valve in the front. Don’t think I have ever run without one I can recall, except a dominator long time ago.

Nope. 100% certain I am running BLP’s. I have the conversion chart from thumper as well.

If you are looking at the blp chart( I just did on their site) it says 86 blp jets are the same as

This is the conversion chart I am looking at( unless it’s wrong)
Says a blp 85 is a holley79, a blp 87 is a Holley 81, so a blp 86 would be a Holley 80.
Those are WAY smaller jets than any 850 or 950 I have ever seen has, except in the front with a power valve, then they are Holley 78 or blp 83 per this chart.
What size carb do you have?

If you are looking at the blp chart( I just did on their site) it says 86 blp jets are the same as

This is the conversion chart I am looking at( unless it’s wrong)
Says a blp 85 is a holley79, a blp 87 is a Holley 81, so a blp 86 would be a Holley 80.
Those are WAY smaller jets than any 850 or 950 I have ever seen has, except in the front with a power valve, then they are Holley 78 or blp 83 per this chart.
What size carb do you have?
lol, I see the confusion now…. I fat fingered it. 94-96’s not 84-86’s.

My 850 Thumper flows 977ish.

Don - my $0.02....

On my 408, I have an old Diamondback/Holley 850 carb. I've played around with jets and have been running 81/87's for some time now (has a power valve in the front). I recently had a thread going looking at my plugs and my overall conclusion from the discussion, as well as my track results, was this jetting is pretty darn close to where it should be. While you have quite a bit more motor (I believe alot of it is in your Bloomer heads vs my Eddie's), and since carbs meter based on airflow, that jetting you got sounds pretty reasonable to me.

FWIW!

Don - my $0.02....

On my 408, I have an old Diamondback/Holley 850 carb. I've played around with jets and have been running 81/87's for some time now (has a power valve in the front). I recently had a thread going looking at my plugs and my overall conclusion from the discussion, as well as my track results, was this jetting is pretty darn close to where it should be. While you have quite a bit more motor (I believe alot of it is in your Bloomer heads vs my Eddie's), and since carbs meter based on airflow, that jetting you got sounds pretty reasonable to me.

FWIW!

Agree, issue is they didn’t put a power valve in the front, so with 86 square jetting I suspect it will be pig rich cruising.and foul plugs, at a minimum.
I am gonna drive over to lane automotive in the morning and grab a 4/5 power valve for the front, and probably put 79’s in it, leave the 86’s in the back.
This will effectively be one size bigger in the front and same in the back compared to what I have had on it. Then will try it.
Gonna get this car out of here in the light of day here in the next day or so.
I had 78/86 jets in it last time out, in 1500 foot of air it ran the best in the 1/8 it has thus far. Plugs looked ok, kept picking up a number here and there at it got cooler, so doubt it was lean
Won’t be 1500 foot memorial weekend, but this will be( I think) a good place to start

Last edited:

AFAIK ATM uses their own jets and not BLP stuff. And I think they use Holley numbering.

I’ll look in a few minutes and let you know what I have.

-
Back