New Circuit Board And Gauges

-

Plyscamp

Reaction score
I am installing new gauges and a updated circuit board in my '73 Scamp yesterday , And It was cool seeing what is inside the dash and behind it. Alot of cool factory stamps. Are the new circuit boards good?? What do you think of them??

Attachments

• 023 (480x640).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 010 (5) (640x480).jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 017 (5) (640x480).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 019 (2) (640x480).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 026 (640x480).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 124
The factory circuit boards are very basic by today's standards, so am sure a new one would be fine. What is upgraded in your new board?

While you have the cluster apart, check your speedometer. If the shaft has radial play, you might want to have that fixed before the spinning magnet grabs the cup and breaks it. I had the one in my C-body re-bushed years ago.

To tell you the truth , I don't know if anything is updated in it lol. Just new. what is radial play?. How would I fix that?? Thanks

When I had the cluster out of my 66, I replaced the factory voltage regulator with some parts from radio shack (solid state) I can't remember the exact part, but it delivers 5 volts at a steady run. All it takes is a little soldering... Try Google for Mopar voltage regulator upgrade. It's less than 20 bucks, and all of my gauges work now.............

When I had the cluster out of my 66, I replaced the factory voltage regulator with some parts from radio shack (solid state)

A good idea when you have the cluster out. You can get an electronic one for <$30 on ebay (jprettypink and others). Search posts here. For your car, get all male spade terminals. It replaces the rectangular can in your photo, which is an old thermo-electric device that pulses the output. Your temp and fuel gage rely on that.

Radial play means "side to side". Axial play (in and out), doesn't risk grabbing the aluminum cup.

-
Back