New / custom seat upholstery source? Or just buy new aftermarket seats? Opinions?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Is there such a place that either sells or makes actual upholstry for a set of b body buckets? Or where you can send your factory ones for someone to pattern....struggling with the fact I can get new touring bucket seats to my doorstep for a 199 a pair...but new seat covers are probably $ 500...these seats are 1978...so doubt im goin to find repop covers.

If i had to do it again I would go with aftermarket seats, the factory seats in my 70 duster are just not comfortable enough to justify the cost of redoing them. I did mine with Legandary covers and foam, did them 10 years ago and still look like new but just no comfort to them. Forget what they cost but I know it was way more than what a good set of new seats would have been.

Thanks for the reply...kind of where im at too. The scat cheapo sport seats are probably more than enough...dunno if I can bring myself to go with the ebay ones or not. But still...we are talking under 250 for a set. Tough to pass up vs probably $500 for reupholsery

They're not bad actually. I've got a similar set in my Duster, not exactly sure what "brand" they are because I bought them second hand. I'm pretty sure that there's only a couple of different frames though, just different covers depending on who you buy them from. ;-)

They're more comfortable than the stock seats, that's for sure. The plastic bits can break, one of mine is missing the edge surround for one of the seat belt pass throughs. There's a couple little plastic trim pieces on mine that are broken, I just wanted to try them out so I wasn't too worries about it. I picked up the set I have for $80 on craigslist. One of these days I'll actually buy a new set, looks like the design of the controls have improved a little on them.

IMG_5535_zps7c66e9f9.jpg

Yeah I dont know if the ebay ones are any better or worst than the procar seats or not. Short of finding a used set from a 2 door late model vehicle, its probably the route im going. Anyone interested in some b body buckets? Lol

-
Back