New Distributor needed, any Suggestions?

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi,

i´m in the market for a new Distributor (SB LA), my old one has got a lot of play in the upper bearing and makes adjustment of the reluctor gap impossible. What do you run? I´d like to have a good quality part that´s reliable, and i´d like to have a simple mechanism to adjust the mechanical advance (like the mallory style in the newer MP-distributors, no discs, no bushings etc.). Magnetic Pickup is ok for triggering the box. Any suggestions?

Michael

Have a chat to Johnny from Pace Performance, he has a couple of aftermarket options and does a FABO discount too. Don't know that he does stock dizzy's though.

Have a chat to Johnny from Pace Performance, he has a couple of aftermarket options and does a FABO discount too. Don't know that he does stock dizzy's though.
I wonder how he feels about shipping to germany?

Hi,

i´m in the market for a new Distributor (SB LA), my old one has got a lot of play in the upper bearing and makes adjustment of the reluctor gap impossible. What do you run? I´d like to have a good quality part that´s reliable, and i´d like to have a simple mechanism to adjust the mechanical advance (like the mallory style in the newer MP-distributors, no discs, no bushings etc.). Magnetic Pickup is ok for triggering the box. Any suggestions?

Michael

I use the fire core distributor as they take a stock cap and rotor and are very tuneable. I purchased it along with my rev-n-ator from the R/T garage. Troy and Laura are very helpfull.

MSD Pro Billet. Best out there IMO. I've used several.

I like MSD pro billets or some of the variants.

If you need a bushing for less mechanical advance, I've got them in 10 and 14*

Setting the advance on the newer mallory style require disassembly of the distributor, correct? I prefer the speed of using the bushings.

Good luck with your search.

ok guys, just to let you know: i decided to get this TSP-Distributor from Johnny Pace and the bushings from Rob aka crackedback. Think it will be good ;-)

Thanks @all for the input!

Michael

-
Back