New EPA regulations allowing E15 fuel to be sold starting this summer.

-

dowboy1970

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
MSN

I have been having problems with E10 that is six months old.

Is this going to be a problem at 4 months now?

The fuel we are being sold is garbage.

Here in good ol central PA, almost all gas is 15 percent ethanol, and has been for a dozen years or so. There are a handful of places that also have "non ethanol recreational fuel" but it's about 60 cents a gallon more money.

I'm not a big believer in snake oil products, but I heard about Startron. The claim is that it counteracts the harmful effects of ethanol. And I believe in it because I've had engines sit for a few years with Startron in with the fuel in the tank, and have had zero ethanol related fuel issues. Just tossing that info out there. It's a blue liquid in a clear bottle. Around 7 bucks, and it will treat a full 30 gallon tank easily. Make sure you get the blue. They also make a red for diesel fuel. Not the same, lol

You can separate the ethanol from the gas all by yourself if you really want to. It's not difficult at all.

You can separate the ethanol from the gas all by yourself if you really want to. It's not difficult at all.
Just add water! Stir it up. Let it settle.
Then, siphon off the de-alcoholed fuel!

Just add water! Stir it up. Let it settle.
Then, siphon off the de-alcoholed fuel!
Well, you have to drain it, because it settles to the bottom. I've even put food coloring in the water before I mix it in so I can see where the separation line is. Works good.

You should have not to do any of this stupid ****!!!

Spend the same amount of time complaining on your politician!

You should have not to do any of this stupid ****!!!

Spend the same amount of time complaining on your politician!
I agree, but that will do no good. There's too much money in it for them.

-
Back