New forum group, Nor-Cal Mopars

-
The Mopar Alley show is coming up June 14th at DeAnza College in Cupertino. I plan to be there with my Valiant.

I hope to make it, but due to a family get together on the 13th we are only planning a trip to come see the show. Then again, due to a road trip the next weekend we may just stay home...

Where can I sign up for the mopar alley show..:burnout:

[ame]http://moparalley.org/sites/default/files/Mopar_Alley_Show_Flyer_2015.pdf[/ame]

Mopar Alley’s 25th Annual
MOPAR RALLY
Sunday, June 14th, 2015
De Anza College - Cupertino, CA
SPONSORED BY
South County Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
6600 Chestnut St, Gilroy .CA
408-842-8244
Largest one-day Mopar Show in California. Over 350 cars annually.You will see Challengers,
Cudas, Darts, Chargers, Super birds, Street rod, Customs, New and Old.
If it’s a Mopar - it’s here !!!!!
Participant Choice Voting,Swap Meet & Car Corral
125+ Trophies Awarded This Year! Food & Drinks
“Top Gun” Class (1st Place Winners from 2014 Show) Club Participation Award - $100
Goodie Bags to first 250 Entrants 3 - $100 Drawings (Pre-registered Show Car Entrants Only)
50/50 Drawing Raffle Prizes
Dash Plaques Show T-Shirts Available
A. A-Body Dodge
B. A-Body Plymouth
C. B-Body Dodge to 1970
D. B-Body Dodge to 1970
(R/T / Super Bee)
E. B-Body Plymouth to 1970
F. B-Body Plymouth to 1970
(Road Runner / GTX)
G. B-Body Dodge / Plymouth 1971 to 1974
H. C-Body Dodge / Plymouth / Chrysler
I. E-Body Dodge
J. E-Body Plymouth
K. AAR / TA
L. 426 Hemi (STOCK)
M. 426 Hemi (Modified / Clone)
N. Mopar Pre-1962
O. Mopar 1975 – Present
P. LX 300
Q. LX CHARGER
R. LX MAGNUM
S. LC
T. Daily Driver to 1967
U. Daily Driver 1968 to 1974
V. Chrysler 300 / Imperial
W. Slant 6
X. Station Wagon and 4-Door
Y. PT Cruiser / Dart
Z. AMC
AA. Street Rod
AB. Street Modified
AC. Wing car / Max-Wedge
AD. Racecar / Pro Street
AE. Truck & Jeep
AF. Emergency & Special Interest
AG. Project Car (No 2014 repeat entries)
AH. Prowler / Viper
AI. Convertible
!!!!!!!! FREE PARKING IN DESIGNATED AREA ONLY !!!!!!!!
Proceeds to benefit local charities

Just joined the group, moved back to Nor Cal in November, currently working on getting my 1970 plymouth duster up and running! Great to be home!

i know Nor-Cal Mopars has been talking about a get together for our group has this issue gone cold? still would like to talk about it? any ideas? bruce

I'm in favor of that. Outside of a car show... Faction Brewery in Alameda could be a good place (on the old base). Beer, food, plenty of parking, and nearby port of Oakland roads, if someone needed pieces of their tires behind...

I'm in San Lorenzo, it's east bay between hayward and san leandro. Faction being I hear is pretty good, lots of cool places here for the beer scene.

Not much action here lately. Hope everyone is out driving. I took the 'vert on a run the other week, with some sports car guys. Here it is at Fort Funston.

My current project is swapping in K-H brakes in anticipation of running the California Melee this year. The 9" drums were not cutting it on Woodside Road, which is a superhighway compared to some Melee routes.

img_3798-jpg.1714834817

View attachment IMG_3798.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! Still working on my duster, recently bought a 68 roadrunner project that will sit for a while. I think a get together soon would be great

Didn't know you got a vert Max? Been out of the loop for a while. Got my hardtop running good so I'm hoping to do some bay shows soon. Had it to a few around my hood. Hoping to make the drags in the next few weeks. Hope everyone is good.
Rick

I thought I had already joined this forum. If not include me in and if I ever get the Dart completed I'll come running! If any body is looking for or needing '70 Dart stuff I've got odds and ends (seats, heater assy, wiper motor, interior pieces, etc.)
Retroron

I thought I had already joined this forum. If not include me in and if I ever get the Dart completed I'll come running! If any body is looking for or needing '70 Dart stuff I've got odds and ends (seats, heater assy, wiper motor, interior pieces, etc.)
Retroron

Where you at in norcal retroron

This was my dad's 'vert. My brother in Oregon had it but he moved into town (from a ranch) and didn't have room for it any more. He drove it down here and we took it to Spring Fling. I also took it to the Mopar Alley show. It needed a little TLC on the mechanical side, not having been driven much for like 15 years. I'm in the middle of a brake upgrade now.

I also just managed to bend the power steering pulley which is pretty much unobtainium. So I wanted to upgrade to a Saginaw PS pump (which I can get a pulley for), but for that I need the slant six bracket (goes to the block, not the water pump) which is also proving hard to locate. So this is a shout-out to anyone who has done a V8 swap and might have these bits on a shelf somewhere.

How's the custom project going?

Didn't know you got a vert Max? Been out of the loop for a while. Got my hardtop running good so I'm hoping to do some bay shows soon. Had it to a few around my hood. Hoping to make the drags in the next few weeks. Hope everyone is good.
Rick

Max, I really haven't followed your power steering problems much, but I do have a 1973 slant pump assembly that is still attached to the gear. I don't know if there are brackets for the pump I have to bolt up to the 440 or not, but the brackets are available if not the pump, too. I don't know when I'll be making another trip to the Bay Area, but if you find yourself near Fresno let me know.

Anybody know if/when there will be a Mopar show at Normandin this year? I looked around online, but haven't found any info. It was in September last year.

I did find a slant six bracket setup. Now I'm just waiting for the new pump to show up (scheduled for tomorrow). It's so wack -- I got the pump, the pulley, the bracket, the pressure hose, and the return hose all from different sources. Not really the way I like to do it.

The big block PS bracket is available new all over the web, apparently. I found one source for the SB version. But nobody carries it for the slant -- I had to find a guy who was parting out a Dart, and deal with crusty/grubby parts. But no problem, I already have them all painted and ready, along with the spindles, calipers and MC for my brake upgrade. Just waiting for that last delivery...

Max, I really haven't followed your power steering problems much, but I do have a 1973 slant pump assembly that is still attached to the gear. I don't know if there are brackets for the pump I have to bolt up to the 440 or not, but the brackets are available if not the pump, too. I don't know when I'll be making another trip to the Bay Area, but if you find yourself near Fresno let me know.

img_3847-jpg.1714838724

img_3846-jpg.1714838725

img_3844-jpg.1714838726

img_3849-jpg.1714838727

img_3848-jpg.1714838728

View attachment IMG_3847.jpg

View attachment IMG_3846.jpg

View attachment IMG_3844.jpg

View attachment IMG_3849.jpg

View attachment IMG_3848.jpg

Last edited:
So, someone was driving a bright yellow Barracuda fastback through Benicia today... anyone here? Also someone in town has a gray primer 68 Dart that's pretty loud. Haven't been able to chase them down.

Did anyone have an answer to the question about the Normandin show?
I do not do a lot of shows but that is close to home so it would be nice to go.
Also some of my friends and I are thinking of going to willow glen cruise for a cause on 9/13. Talking about at least five or six mopars. Would like to park in same area with other mopar cars. Kind of show in a show.

Did anyone have an answer to the question about the Normandin show?
I do not do a lot of shows but that is close to home so it would be nice to go.
Also some of my friends and I are thinking of going to willow glen cruise for a cause on 9/13. Talking about at least five or six mopars. Would like to park in same area with other mopar cars. Kind of show in a show.

Nope. I even posted one their Facebook page asking if they were having a show. No response. I suppose they would reply if I was interested in buying a Hellcat...

I think Mopar Alley was the sponsoring club for that show. But their web presence is a cobweb page -- it scarcely changes from year to year, and has no current events listed. If you join you receive a monthly xeroxed mailed newsletter -- yeah, I know, how 1980s... I was a member for one year, but after my FB got mired in paint shop jail I dropped out, as I didn't have a car. Anyway, I suppose you could write to the snail mail addy on their site.

-
Back